The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Asides from not everyone burning points on supreme tomes, remember that even Rhogu, with the Fighter splash, had some difficulties in dealing with traps until the skills were caught up. You want to run elite, then we HAVE to have max ranks in Disable and Search at minimum. Spot, maybe Jo can remember every trap in the game and negate the need for it. I prefer to have that insurance however, because I certainly don't remember them all. Concentration is required for casters, whether divine or arcane, or oddballs like the Artificer.

Dte, we haven't really ran with CC period. Jm and Corwin's Wizards were nukers, my Sorc was obviously a nuker with a bit of Death mixed in. Corwin's Sorc the same.

I did some CC on Aerii, back in the day, but divines' CC options are limited. JM has been doing some as well.

Your build, assuming it was the one I hacked together with the dual Necro/Enchant focus, is probably the best CC-capable Wizard we've got. So of course, you swing a great axe most of the time. ;)

The upgrades to enhancements are postponed by Turbine till after the expansion. Maybe it will be part of update 14 in August, but it may take even longer.

So we need to plan the toons with the enhancements we have now.

What does the term "CC" mean here ?

I did a small tour with JM yesterday using skype (sorry, Peter, that I ignored you, it was so much occupied in trying to get everything into work, maybe later) and I explained her Smuggler's Rest (the actual entry to Crystal Cve) a bit. Was fun. Although my char died 3-4 times.

This area is insofar much different in that

- there is no soul stone
- there is no explicite "release" button - only in a dialog box that pops up every now an then
- gear doesn't get damaged that much at all during deaths - in contrast to "normal" in-quest dying

The guilde I liked above explains everything very nicely. This is also a good occation to get a pirate hat. ;)

A short summary of everything to expect :

- Get to "Smuggler's Rest" through talking a seafaring dwarf at the harbour
- once arrived, talk to Euphonia (what a name !!!) to get the needed information
- go out slaying pirates
- pirates won't attack you until you've attacked them !
- they drop Dubloons (I call them just "Coins") in Bronze, Silver, Gold variations
- they drop Treasure Map Pieces
- they *rarely* drop a Compass ! You are lucky when you that that one ! - Becaue
- you need a compass to get to Crystal Cove, that's required
- you can get only to Cryslat Cove when you have given the required amount of Treasure Map Pieces into he wooden "barter box" of Euphonia (she tells you in a dialog box how much she needs of them until she can "set sail")
- at Crystal Cove, you collect Crystals via the help of Kobold Workers much like in the crystal mining challenges of House Cannith
- the second barter box [which looks like some sort of hat, too] of Euphonia is there to "sell" you pirate hats and upgrades to them (and originally special invitations from a DDO birthday many years ago)
- the wooden barter box can "sell" you weapons & upgrades to them
- I heard that Crystal Cove is able to give you "epic" crafting things (?) - can't prove it (wasn't there yet).

By the way, it turned out that my headset sounds a bit "muffled" because it sounds very low in tone. Which means to me that I sometimes can't understand you on skype that good.

Edit : To quote Genesis : "All Change !" (From their "Supper's Ready") : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4424711&postcount=1
Reading : The Expansion (formerly called "XPack1") is ot called "Update 14",
and the formerly called "Update 14" is now called "Update 15".

Last edited:
... I feel so dumb ... How do I leave a group/PUG again ? I think someone from here already told me, but I just can't remember ...

CC = Crowd Control. We typically lack much, mostly Disco balls and lately Stunning Fist/Blow on some of the melees. My Monk in particular is built for melee CC, with Stunning Fist and Blow, Trip, and now Jade Strike ready for easy access. She also mostly uses handwraps which can cause critters to turn to stone as well.

I pulled a +2 Wisdom Tome out of the Vale, if anyone wants it. I'll hold it for a week, if no one claims it then I'll put it up on the AH.

Tomes actually drop there ? Is this new ? Has this been this way since U13 ? I thought they were incredibly rare ?

+1 Tomes can drop out of any level 10 or up chest or end reward. +2's out of 14 or higher. I also run mostly with loot gems going, which means at least I get somewhat better loot than most of you do. I think, JM seems to think the gems work for the entire group. I've never paid enough attention to be able to tell. +3's supposedly drop unbound now as well, but it's level 21+, meaning you have to do epics to get a chance at them right now, or the very few level 20 quests on elite/with a loot gem going.

They are rare drops, save for out of raids. You can get bound to character tomes relatively easily, +2's out of Vault of Night or Demon Queen, or presumably Titan though no one likes Restless Isles enough to run that, and it has no loot.

+3/+4 tomes are the rare ones, even bound. You can only start seeing +3's in bound form out of Elite Abbot or Reaver's Fate raids, and +4's only drop in Elite Tower of Despair. Rarely, the festival coin turn ins can result in +4 tomes; someone on Khyber auctioned off a +4 STR tome during the last run. With tomes now staying through TR's, I bet that person is kicking themselves now.

I also run mostly with loot gems going, which means at least I get somewhat better loot than most of you do. I think, JM seems to think the gems work for the entire group. I've never paid enough attention to be able to tell.

Remember that the DDO Shop's "Free item of the week" is now a lesser jewel of fortune ! I've posted the coupon code for it above.

Alrik, I got a +2 constitution tome as an end reward in one of my quests. This tome is not bound so I think it could be useful to you. Next time I see you online I can forward it to you from my cleric.

+2 constitution will give you +n hitpoints where n is your current level. You can think if which toon you have that need the extra hitpoints

Thank you. I'm not sure whom to give it, I must check if my wizard has one (Birthday Cake Djinni), or whether I'm giving it to my ranger … I'm really not sure right now …

Just found : Nice ! :) : One can apparingly get a pet as being dropped by monsters in Smuggler's Rest (the first area before going to Crystal Cove) ! : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=370776
It seems to be extremely rare, though …

Edit : New developer's bits (called "TimBits") : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4428415#post4428415

Last edited:
The "How clueless were you when you started playing ?" - thread : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=370861

Fun to read and greatly recommended ! :lol:

My favourite quotes from there (the second is actually a reply to the first) :

I could hardly move. I fell off ladders, missed ramps and raged when forced to jump.

My husband kept saying, "You know you have to face the enemy to do damage to him."

At which I snapped, "Do you really think I am running against the wall on purpose??"

I have gotten myself into serious trouble with my girlfriend this way. It's frustrating watching someone who doesn't really play 3D games really fail at something like just manipulating their avatar, but I imagine it is even more frustrating for them! She now plays a Crowd Control focused Sorceress. A Sorc, not a Wizard, because Sorceress sounds much better than Wizardess….

There is an update to DDO so make sure to run it before Friday and get that taken care of.

Also, I finally found a second silver Khopesh, so I no longer need one. Rachail now has two crafted +4 Holy Evil Outsider Bane Khopeshes for breaking Devil DR. I was able to reduce her weapon sets to 8, 3 of which are situational DR breakers or dps for specific creatures.

I'll need two ranks before taking Kensai III; I was unable to reset my enhancements to where I could take it.

Last edited:
Must be shiny new, then. Didn't get an update last night.

I've decided that Shadohe needs a greensteel khopesh, so I'm back in the hole for mats. Good news is that she's already got 4 of the pies she needs. Bad news- the missing one is Coal Chamber. I added some mineral2 spell point bracers for Phuury to my tracking spreadsheet, so it really looks like I'm in the hole now. I've debated abandoning the tier3 upgrade on Wouldii's battleaxe since he doesn't really need it and won't use it next life, but it seems like such a waste to leave an item sitting at tier2.

I assume the update is - or could be - the new Havoc physics engine upgrade which was tested on Lamannia during the last weeks.

Hi all. I am still in KY and will not be around for this weeks session. All is well here now so coming home Sunday. I guess I have some catching up to do again. I am going through withdrawal here. My moms pc could never run the game. It barely does anything but she likes it this way. Anyway catch all when I get home.

Glad everything is OK, cm. We were starting to worry that it was bad.

We've got the TR's up to level 18, so all you've got to do is solo the Desert, GH, Vale, Lordsmarch and Harbinger, all on elite, before a week from Friday. :p

Actually, we're level 12 (except Peter, who's probably holding lvl17 now due to running XP potions and XP tomes ;) ). We've done most of the work in the Desert and will probably attempt to finish the area off this Friday. jm is saving a toon to run catch-up duty with you. Az might have one as well, and if I ever get off my dead butt, I might get Klubbir close enough to run in that "catch-up" party as well.

+3/+4 tomes are the rare ones, even bound. You can only start seeing +3's in bound form out of Elite Abbot or Reaver's Fate raids, and +4's only drop in Elite Tower of Despair. Rarely, the festival coin turn ins can result in +4 tomes; someone on Khyber auctioned off a +4 STR tome during the last run. With tomes now staying through TR's, I bet that person is kicking themselves now.
Actually, Bot got offered a bound-to-character +3INT tome on his last Shroud run. It was #20, so he got offered +2 tomes for all 6 stats plus the one +3, but ended up taking the cleansing essence instead.

Launcher news say that a quest needed to be closed "due to technical difficulties".

The quest Tomb of the Tormented, located in The Necropolis, has been temporarily closed due to a technical issue. Thank you for your patience!

I most likely won't be available on Saturday & Sunday. Reason : The German "Role-Play Convention", "RPC" www.RPC-Germany.de … And they still don't have any English-language web page there …

Back
Top Bottom