Dungeon Siege 3 - NA Release Date - May 31st

Dhruin

SasqWatch
So, the NA release date for Dungeon Siege 3 is just a couple of days after the EU release. Here's the PR, along with the preorder bonuses:
Return to the Kingdom of Ehb! DUNGEON SIEGE III to Launch May 31, 2011

Square Enix Reveals Preorder Incentives for Reincarnation of Classic Action-RPG Franchise

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that DUNGEON SIEGE® III will be available at North American retailers on May 31, 2011. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment™, Inc., the all-new incarnation of the classic action-RPG franchise will make its debut on high-definition home video game consoles alongside its familiar place on PC Windows-based machines. This May, players will experience the much-awaited next chapter in the DUNGEON SIEGE lore on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.
Read the full press release for all the preorder offers from various vendors.
More information.

o_O

I didn't know this game was so close to be released...

Smart. Stay as far away from D3 as you can!

Why would I? I played all and while there not great games they were a time waster.
If you hate obsidian I can understand but they are the only true pc rpg making company left in the us. Other more prominent company's have already joined the console bandwagon by calling it streamlining. Evey game they make gets bashed by the gaming media and never given a chance.

Going to amazon to preorder I see it has a really cool cover. Yes, I am superficial like that.

I think he meant "Diablo 3" — as in, smart for Obsidian to release DS3 before Diablo 3 comes out. ;)

My bad thought he was saying stay away from Dungeon Siege 3. I highly doubt Diablo 3 will be out anytime soon to be competition. We all know how blizzard is with release dates. Its damn well done when we say it done attitude.

Yeah sorry, Dhruin had it right. Like most who can dial their brain back and enjoy this type of game I'm more interested in Diablo 3, but will certainly take a crack at Dungeon Siege 3 if it is released first. I'm sure Obsidian and company are thinking along the same lines.

I usually get tired of the endless grind in action-rpg's but I might give this one a try since it's Obsidian.

That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Diablo, Titan Quest, Torchlight... they tend to bore me, I don't care much about loot and leveling. Since this is Obsidian though it's a day-one purchase.

The Free Dictionary:
siege [siːdʒ] n
1. (Military)a. the offensive operations carried out to capture a fortified place by surrounding it, severing its communications and supply lines, and deploying weapons against it
b. (as modifier) siege warfare
2. a persistent attempt to gain something
3. a long tedious period, as of illness, etc.
4. (Historical Terms) Obsolete a seat or throne

Wow…this might explain why the 1st one was perhaps the most boring game ever :)
Seriously thou, I don`t think it`ll apply to this iteration…not with Obsidian at the helm.

That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Diablo, Titan Quest, Torchlight… they tend to bore me, I don't care much about loot and leveling...

Me too, loot and leveling bore me... but fights can be very fun, Titan Quest doesn't shine in this area and bore me despite the incredible number of design innovation they introduced, but fights of Diablo 2 and even more Torchlight are quite fun and subtle.

I asked J.E. Sawyer on his formspring why Obsidian doesn't make small budget turn-based RPGs for the PC and smartphones and his response was "there's no publisher will to pay us to do that." So I would guess if they are doing a small project it would be for the console download services and maybe Steam, and probably an action game.

I asked J.E. Sawyer on his formspring why Obsidian doesn't make small budget turn-based RPGs for the PC and smartphones and his response was "there's no publisher will to pay us to do that." So I would guess if they are doing a small project it would be for the console download services and maybe Steam, and probably an action game.

I recall an interview where obsidian said they would love to make make more games like Baldurs Gate but do to legal issues and lack of funding it will never happen. Its a shame I would gladly pay $15-20 for such a title.

There's certainly a hard to get over perception that something like that should cost $20 or so at most, despite the fact we all paid $50 or more for them when they came out. Even I admit to grimacing a bit when paying out $25 for Avernum or Eschalon games.

That said $20 x let's say 200,000 copies is 4 million dollars. I'm sure they could budget that and make a profit.

Back
Top Bottom