The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Ah, thanks. My personal best results were with acid - I have taken an "unlimited" acid staff/wand as a reward from the waterworks quest chain - from the man whose relatives were missing.

That gave me almost guaranteed 10 points of damage on each hit, whereas my current light ? fire ? and frost staffs gave less. I don't remember anymore whether I had force-based wands at hand.

I think (that) I'll be online this night - but I can't say for how long.

Edit : If you want, I can post the names of my current three unlimited wands through the chat this night, so you can see what i actually have right now for my magician.

And sorry that I'm not playing the ranger that often anymore : Doing everything anew with my Wizard is just so much fun ! ;)

I'm currently working on him giving enough Coin Lord favour so that he gets the additional inventory space. There's not much left anymore (of both needed favour and space ;) ).

Attachments

• Less-than-optimal-TearOfDhakaan-reward.jpg
    Less-than-optimal-TearOfDhakaan-reward.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
The update changes will be interesting for sure. I saw you on the other night but you logged off before I could even type a hi to you, (once I figured out who you were. lol)

Could be, yes. I was very tired this weekend and was there only for a relatively short time, I'm sorry.

The Sharn Syndicate in Sttormreach is toast now ! I'm through it - and the last quest in this series was a nice challenge !

I had forgot that there is an Epilogue to the Fresco quest - I had to ask Burgundy Tir again ... I must correct myself that he doesn't give bad items as his rewards ... He rather gives no-so-great items in his Epilogue ( when you hand him over this particular letter) ... Which leads me to the Fresco stealing as well : I fdid the quest - and using trial & error as the method to find out ... Well, Murphy's Law struck me with full force ! It was the LAST thing I had taken - and Daracaram had died I think 5 or 6 times before !

That was the worst thing. Apart from dying so many times, this quest was fun.

I did a few Coin LOrd favour quests on "hard" again, so I could get a bit more Coin Lord favour - and so I had additional inventory space even before finishing the Sharn quest chain ! ;)

And now I'm playing through the rest of the Catacombs quest chain.

After that I'll probably return to my Ranger for a while and redo the Sharn with him, too.

Besides, are Arcane Essences that hard to find ? Does anyone know why ? My magiacian has several powerful essences already - but none of the arcane type ... The Ranger has not many of them as well ...

You do know that you do not need to build up both characters' crafting levels, right? The bound shards are bound to account, so you can ship them to any and all of your characters and craft the items you need.

Some people just have bad luck on essences. I have a terrible time getting enough law or evil or good essences for example, but have about 600 or so arcanes.

Bound to account ? I thought bound on character ? Okay, I'll try that.

Can the in-game mail system used for that ?

Besides, if you want to, then I can take look at how many good or evil essences my ranger has.

And yes, I didn't intend to craft that much for my wizard. Not now at least.

I already assumed so. I'll buy a shared bank thing when I "go shopping" for the next time. ;)
I mean - buying points and spending them. ;)

But right now I'm contend with what I have. :)

If someone needs Syberis Dragon Shards for crafting : I have far too many of them !!!

Today I have visited the Caverns Of Korromar. I love dungeon quests like these ! (And like the sewer quests from House Deneith as well !)
But - I've noticed ... well, there recurred an older bug : When I play long wquests, I mean *really* long quests like these - after playing more than an hour (I can see that when the Guil Shiop buffs are gone) then at one pointthe connection fails !
I have experienced that several times now, and *only* with long and very long quests : The connections to the server becomes distrupted at one point. It's not a lag, because the game client just throws me out after a time of connection failure !
I managed to reconnect, though, and I'm usually able to go on with the quest from the last major point (usually the starting point) within the quest ...
Very annoying, this bug. And I have not the slightest idea where it might come from ...

Take them to the Stone of Change near the marketplace bank. Crunch them into better quality shards. You can use some high quality shards to do certain things with your character.

Ah, okay, thank you - another thing I didn't know ... O_O

Trying to access the DDO forums :

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 1705937776

Varnish cache server

Guru Meditation ? I thought that only Amiga computers had this ???

Risia Games on February, 6th : http://www.ddo.com/en/ddostorefeatured

Last edited:
Forums seem to go down for maintenance early in the morning (for me). 3am or 4am here. I only know because I get up that early, and tend to browse the forums if I have some time.

As far as extended playing causing a discconect, I don't remember having that problem. Playing long enough will eventually cause a BSoD for me. but we're talking 8+ hours or more. Though Redwillow did that three times in a row at one particular spot.

Since we will play our high level ones again I wonder if we should use the opportunity in Corwin's absense to do 1-2 Shroud runs (one for each of our high level toons). My high level toons are off the timer this afternoon and I can hold them for our guild play if we will do shroud. If not I complete before we meet up.

I can lead the Shroud group and we first form ourselves and then invite the extra ones. This means we don't have to worry about being all invited to a group. We simply form the group and do the invites ourselves. :)

A good thing about that is that you get a chance for shards of power and if I get shards I can give them to one of you instead of setting them up for roll. We just discuss before the start who needs shards so I can just transfer the ones I pick to those of you needing shards. That can be done silently so there won't be a need for a roll for the shard. I just pick the name in the chest and transfer it.

Shards bind to character on acquire so this is the simplest way to ensure you get shards on your high level toons.

I have plently of small and medium ingredients for greensteel upgrades and I can give to you. So all we really need are the shard of power (tier 1), greater shard of power (tier 2) and eventually supreme shard of power (tier 3). First time you run shroud you always get one shard of power.

Are any of you interested in doing some Shroud crafting? That means you can use the materials you have collected (chipmunk funks, shavarath stones etc.) from the Vale quests and make a greensteel blank. Then the Shroud runs will give you the shards needed. We can then after the shroud run use the altars inside the shroud to do the crafting or do it later.

Please say yes or no if you would think doing Shroud runs is a good idea. Then we could first meet up and make the blanks before we begin the actual shroud runs. I can help you with ideas to items and send you a link to a shroud crafting planner.

I think it would be good to finally get the materials we got from repeating all the quests into good use.

I recommend crafting a greensteel weapon for melee characters first (except monks who can't craft GS handwraps). Then you can get a hp item with some nice clickie effects on and casters can craft a sp item with nice boosts.

My high level toons have 3-4 greensteel items and the hp item is tier 3 and the pally weapon also. That is a significant boost and once you have the items you can't think how it was without them. E. g. my fvs sp item gives several hundred extra sp, but can also be used to summon a dense earth elemental. My pally's has a sp item boosting his mana to 600sp and a raise dead clickie.

I only farm for tier 3 materials (large devil scales, large sulfur stones, large twisted shrapnel, large glowing arrowheads, large gnawed bones and large infernal chains). Currently I'm working to get a tier 3 GS greatsword for my low level paladin. It will be +5 metalline with holy and acid burst. I also work on upgrading to tier 3 on my hp goggles for both the low level pally and cleric. Then I get 45hp, heavy fort etc.

Since all items are double shard (requiring 2 supreme shards each.) I need about 3x5 mats of each type. I have all the bones, arrowheads and chains, but have only got halfway to the scales, stones and shrapnel. That's why I do 2 shroud runs each week on my high level ones. It will take me 1-2 months to get the remaning large mats.

Then I will have tier 3 hp items available at level 11 for my toons and tier 3 weapon at level 12 for my pally. That will make a significant difference when we do quests from level 11 to 20. It means doing elite runs at level is not out of the question

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom