Edward Snowden and you: liberty or blissful ignorance?

What do you think about Snowden's actions?

• It needed to be done - the government is overstepping its bounds.

Votes: 25 92.6%
  • His actions were illegal -the programs are in place to combat crime and we don't need to fear them.

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you still believe Snowden (I'm starting to wonder a bit, TBH, if he's transitioned from factual leaks to fiction/rumor to stay in the public eye), the research is being done in a bunker in Maryland via NSA funding.

I suppose it's possible but it seems strange to me. Several teams in several universities around the world is working on each of the basic problems of making a quantum computer to work. There are just so many problems that need to be solved to make it work that it seems foolishly optimistic to hope to make any real head-way in a single bunker in Maryland.
Unless this research consists of replicating others experiments and little else I don't get why they would bother. Either way I still think that it would be weird that the NSA would be doing the research instead of DARPA which has a huge amount of experience with doing research.

Would you rather die by a terrorist attack? Would you rather that you’re family die by terrorist attack? Do you believe that people who believe that they will go to heaven when they die by suicide bombing have free reign? Is Sharia law not a threat to all peaceful people in the world? What about 9/11 or suicide bombings in Madrid or London, do their subways deserve to be bombed?
I agree with most of the posts here that the NSA has gone too far, hell I even e-mailed them about it, which made friends call me crazy, but the other side deserves to be heard. There ARE two sides to the debate and I keep seeing one side here.

And by the way the CIA could read USB drives back in the early 90's by reading the EMP off of them before they even became popular. I have a family member that worked for them. He taught me what a USB port was before they went public. SO many Presidents have been following us.
He tells me that in a few years there will be a universal input for all input hardwear and I said Bull****! The programing would be to hard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom