What games are you playing now?

My girl made me make a Hello Kitty Online character so I could play w/ her. I have to admit, it's kinda a fun little game at times. She has a huge farm, crafts all kinds of stuff, it's got stats, skills, quests, pets, housing, it's really quite involved for what appears to be a kid's game. Very bright, cheerful, bouncy world. Cant say it's entirely unpleasant, but nothing I'll spend that much time in!

Dolphin was actually the early code name for the Game Cube before it was released.

Dolphin, the emulator, can be glitchy and temperamental depending on which settings you use, but with some tweaking and searching around the net for what settings others using for a particular game, you can get it working fairly well.

I hope you've also got Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster installed as well for a truly epic experience. :)

I do have HoW installed but haven't downloaded Trials of the Luremaster yet. Should probably do that soon.

Also installed DA:O+DA:A. For some reason, in a mood to play different games everyday. My fiance just installed BG2... and that's making me want to go back to BG2 SOOOO BAD. If I install BG2, all the other games will be left forgotten...

right now I am addicted to "Dead Island", for me one of the best Zombie shooter / slaughter-festivial ever, FEAR 3- second run with Fettel, Burnout Paradise, NFS Shift, Crysis2, else more human with White Gold and searching for secrets at The Precursors, relaxing drives with Australian Truck simulator (heavily modded) and not to forget always having a visit to my vast ID-Software/ FPS collection -as for little =Quake 2 berserker & Q1 Dark Places/ Doomsday Engine 1.8.6.with all good old ones- Doom/ Doom2/ TNT/ Plutonia/ Heretic/ Hexen- heavily modified too, Duke Nukem HRP and Polymer 5.xx/ Redneck Rampage (erampage) / Dark XL.

Quake 2 berserker & Q1 Dark Places/ Doomsday Engine 1.8.6.with all good old ones- Doom/ Doom2/ TNT/ Plutonia/ Heretic/ Hexen- heavily modified too, Duke Nukem HRP and Polymer 5.xx/ Redneck Rampage (erampage) / Dark XL.
You, Interzeptor, are a person of taste.

Dolphin was actually the early code name for the Game Cube before it was released.

Dolphin, the emulator, can be glitchy and temperamental depending on which settings you use, but with some tweaking and searching around the net for what settings others using for a particular game, you can get it working fairly well.

That was what I said :p

So is Dolphin a (nearly) fully functional Wii emulator for the PC? If so, how does it handle the Wiimote? My computer is ancient, so I won't be able to use anything complex like a Wii emulator, but it is interesting to know that they have managed to create one.

So is Dolphin a (nearly) fully functional Wii emulator for the PC? If so, how does it handle the Wiimote? My computer is ancient, so I won't be able to use anything complex like a Wii emulator, but it is interesting to know that they have managed to create one.

It's fully functional for some games, not so much for others. I downloaded the latest version last month because I wanted to see if I could play my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy in a higher resolution, but I was disappointed to find out it wasn't compatible.

You can apparently use the Wiimote through a Bluetooth setup, although it doesn't appear to be a necessity. I'll PM you a link that provides more info.

LOL I knew it will happen. Re-playing BG2... so I say bye bye to other games... well... most of the time anyway..

My fiance saw the chance and stole DA:O+DA:A off me so that's officially off. I will probably still play IWD1 tho. Still having mad fun when I'm in mood for pure hack 'n' slash.

That was what I said :p

You can set it to classic gamepad emulation and then map the controls to a controller, or the keyboard and mouse.

Games that use the wiimote motion more seem to work better with the mouse but ones that have a bit more of a traditional scheme work well with a controller.

But yeah, if you have an old computer you probably can't run much on it. Maybe some old Gamecube games or more simpler, less taxing Wii ones.

Thanks for the link JDR13. Interesting to see how far they have managed to come with this thing, I did not think they had managed to emulate the gamecube yet.

I own a fully functional Wii, so an emulator would be used for import & homebrew, but I guess I should just wait until I have the money to get myself a new computer before I explore that realm. And with all the lovely retro-games that I have yet to play, I'm in no hurry to upgrade (and this thing runs Matlab, DevC++ & office just fine, so I can get all my work done here without much of a problem still).

I tried the emulator and to my surprise I could run Viewtiful Joe on it without a single problem. Still prefer to play that game with a GC controller, but at least it was quite doable.

Anyway, started Xenoblade yesterday. Still far too early for me to have an opinion on it, but I like the British voices, even if the voice acting is a bit spotty. Artistically the game is quite nice as well, but from a technical point of view it really lags behind (low res textures, blocky models). But I consider artistic style to be a lot more important than the technical side of things.

Tried Fort Zombie again, new update patched up.

I made it to the police station (my chosen fort) and cleared it out, and that's all I could endure.

LOL, yea Fort Zombie isn't for everyone, but I can tell you that I was where you were at when I first started the game. I couldn't figure out what the hell to do and the searching annoyed me to no end.

In the end, I stuck with it to see if it gets better and it does. Building up the fort and going on missions was half the fun. If you find a certain NPC the whole game gets so much easier and even if you don't find this person you can still bring NPC with you to help you deal with the zombies. The first sprint to your base is such a bad idea that I'm surprised they didn't get rid of it when they patched the game up. Let me start at my base or better yet let me start at a fortified base and show me how all of the traps and fortifications work. I died a few times because I simply didn't understand how to make the traps and fortifications.

The first time I saw the doctor picking up pieces of zombie and putting them back together I thought WTF, I didn't see that coming.

It does have a ton of flaws and it's an acquired taste (sorta like cottage cheese). My love of zombie and RPG won out over my issues with Fort Zombie. However, when Dead State is finally released I doubt I'll ever play it again. It's just one of the few zombie games that actually has an RPG system right now. It's decent enough and fun enough to waste my time with, but you have to really want to like this game to have fun.

You might enjoy Rogue Survivor a bit more if you can handle roguelike graphics or better yet grab the demo for Project Zomboid. Even though they just had a major setback the alpha they have right now is still worth the 8 pounds.

Trust me I think you will love Project Zomboid. I was pretty sure that most people won't like Fort Zomboid because the game takes some time to get used to, but PZ is ten times better. It's hard though and you ALWAYS die. It's just how long you survived that is the attraction right now. Can't wait for a mod to give me a way to make a permanent fort or something other than dieing each game.

You have a higher tolerance than me, Keeper Skaven!

I'm hacking away in Two Worlds right now, trying to get the hang of horse riding. Not even going to try mounted combat anymore, it just doesnt seem to ever end well. I end up facing a tree or a rock, or turning around w/ the enemy chasing right behind me so I cant hit them. That said, i'm in really hilly/foresty terrain.

I just sold everything and upgraded all my weapons and stuff. I usually dont for quite a while in most games because i hold out for quest rewards, but this game is throwing so much gold at me I might as well start spending it!

I'm finishing off a KB:AP game I started a year ago while I'm waiting for a delivery of Heroes 6 and Dark Souls.

Can't wait for Dark Souls.

KotOR 2 - TSL restoration mod.

I've played this game a few times already, but never got further than the first couple of locations. Not entirely sure why, but I recently had a change of heart in terms of the type of character I play. I always, exclusively, played a Jedi Guardian/Light Side.

Now, I've discovered the wonders of the Sentinel class and the skill-heavy type of character. It's almost an entirely new game like this, and I'm having a great time so far. With the prestige class combinations, it's really quite deep when compared to Bioware's latest sci-fi offerings. I'm going to try a Dark Side Sith Assassin this time :)

I'm hoping I'll finally finish it. I'm mostly doing it to get the story before I get my hands on SWTOR in december.

Xenoblade Chronicles (emulated using Dolphin). I'm not really a big jRPG fan, but since this is also open-world and steampunk'ish it grabbed my attention.. The characters and voices are great, the combat is quite good too, but took some time gettig used to. Graphics are great, people playing this on wii is missing out ;)

I tried the emulator and to my surprise I could run Viewtiful Joe on it without a single problem. Still prefer to play that game with a GC controller, but at least it was quite doable.

Anyway, started Xenoblade yesterday. Still far too early for me to have an opinion on it, but I like the British voices, even if the voice acting is a bit spotty. Artistically the game is quite nice as well, but from a technical point of view it really lags behind (low res textures, blocky models). But I consider artistic style to be a lot more important than the technical side of things.

It looks somewhat better on Dolphin. I'm running at 1920x1080 16xQ CSAA 16x AF. The character models look pretty decent and the landscape views are quite nice. When you get close up to a cliff or wall it's fairly pixelated but I don't think there's much you can do about that beyond yanking out the textures and replacing them with new ones.

(@Vurt: is that even doable? I know someone yanked out the images for the control buttons and replaced them with 360 ones so I assume yes, but it would be quite the job to redo whole landscape ones)

I really like the game for what it is. It's fairly open for a JRPG with lots of room to run around. Some of the areas are quite huge. Overall I think it's a great game. It would have been better served on the PS3 though IMO as the Wii just isn't an RPG oriented platform and Nintendo of America is even flat out refusing to release it in spite of the English localization already having been done.

I wish it had a true PC port though and that we would get more good JRPGs like this localized for the PC. The last one was really The Last Remnant. I don't know, I guess they just don't see to PC gamers.

Back
Top Bottom