S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat for February

Dhruin

SasqWatch
New to me is bitComposer, who have announced February 2010 as the international release date for Call of Pripyat:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is coming in February 2010

bitComposer Games announces international release date for the first person shooter

Eschborn/Frankfurt, Germany, December 10th 2009: The dark first person shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat will be internationally released in February 2010. The game is published by bitComposer Games and was created by the Ukrainian developer GSC Game World. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is the follow-up to the highly successful S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. The successful S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series has sold over 2 million copies worldwide, and the newest episode seamlessly connects to Shadow of Chernobyl. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is one of the first PC games supporting the new DirectX®11 technology.
The release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat for Windows PC is scheduled for February 2010 in English, French, Italian and Spanish language. For more info on bitComposer Games products, visit www.bit-composer.com
More information.

Same here.

I don't know too much about this one. Let's hope it's more like the original (without bugs) and not like Clear Sky.

Here's a link to the Call of Pripyat benchmark demo if anyone is interested. It's been available for about a month, but I don't think it was ever posted here. It has several stages of testing with different options, and can be ran in DX 9, 10, & 11.

It's already out in Germany. According to the reviews the best game of the series and by far the most bug-free. Just nothing new and a slightly outdated engine.

The best thing about Stalker is atmosphere, the shooting and explorering (stalking), but not the story. I really enjoyed playing the shadow of chernobyl and I even managed to revisit stalker with clear sky, but I'm not going to get Call of Pripyat, since it won't bring anything new.

When clear sky came out, I thought that it would be something like stalker+ or stalker: director's cut, since it basically didn't had anything totally new just a bit more of the same stuff, but now they are doing it again!

So, I'm asking you fellow stalkers, why are you so interested in Call of Pripyat?

Why does it have to bring anything new? A lot fans are looking forward to more of the same, especially if it's more polished, which this seems to be.

Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky already bring more than Call of Pripyat with mods and in very polished way.

I just don't get it. :eek:

The best thing about Stalker is atmosphere, the shooting and explorering (stalking), but not the story.

So, I'm asking you fellow stalkers, why are you so interested in Call of Pripyat?

But you said the best thing is the atmosphere, so why not more of that in a new setting? (plus I'm sure there will be mods o plenty in time)

I noticed the press release avoids Clear Sky, as did I (I trust the general consensus). Looking forward to CoP.

Why does it have to bring anything new? A lot fans are looking forward to more of the same, especially if it's more polished, which this seems to be.

But isn't that true in general - look at many criticisms for Risen along those lines, for Dragon Age and Torchlight as well. They are more polished in many ways and do some new stuff but aren't really revolutionary. Some will criticize while others will enjoy. Heck, Vogel gets knocked for releasing 'the same game' every time.

But isn't that true in general - look at many criticisms for Risen along those lines, for Dragon Age and Torchlight as well. They are more polished in many ways and do some new stuff but aren't really revolutionary. Some will criticize while others will enjoy. Heck, Vogel gets knocked for releasing 'the same game' every time.

Yep, that's basically what I was trying to suggest. An even better reference would be to look at shooters, since most people insist that STALKER falls more into that category. Companies like Infinity Ward and Valve have been re-releasing the same games over and over for years now, with very little in the way of anything "new". Not that I'm complaining....

I have already played Call of Pripyat and i can recommend the game for shooter and rpg fans.

Contrary to the the two first parts all maps are new. There are 3 big new maps with many underground/building levels. There are many things to do. The gameplay has been improved in many little things:

1.) you can sleep some hours (adjustable) - good for day/night/time quests
2.) you have personal chestboxes to store stuff
3.) the quests are more rpg-ish, they don't feel so generic
4.) the NPCs are more memorable not so exchangeable as in the two previous parts
5.) there is less sandbox shooting
6.) The "Normal" difficulty is more forgiving than before, if you like the old difficulty (like me) play on "Veteran" or higher.
7.) you have to earn a lot of money to get the real cool stuff. Anomaly hunting is neccessary to get money.
8.) you can go whereever you want, only the last 15 min of the game are a one way ticket.

This nice price game has much more gaming hours than your normal modern full price shooter. A lot of rpg-elements are thrown in. The game is nearly bug-free.
A worthy final part of the Stalker 1 Triology. Two thumbs up!!

Indeed, I was going to purchase it anyways, but now I'm looking forward to it even more.

Was it planned as a trilogy? I didn't know that.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (prequel)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (sequel)

was originally planned as one huge game.
You can see that in the the famous leaked S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Alpha build 1935

was originally planned as one huge game.

That would definitely have been something to behold. It's probably better that they didn't attempt it though. Given how buggy the first 2 games were on their own, a combination of them would most likely have been a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom