Gothic 2 The plot of Gothic 2, pls remind me (spoilers)

Elel

Devout Priestess of RPGs
I decided to play the game that I never quite finished before, running myself into the ground by wrong levelling. It was one of my first RPGs, so I put everything into strength and sold all mana, haha. I still have those saves from years ago and fired up the game with them, fortunately, they work alright.

Could you please remind me what it was all about? I forgot what the hero's goal in the game was. All I remember is that in the first game he escaped from the world which was "a prison" and ended up near Khorinis.

I checked the manual and it states that at the beginning of the game you must look for the paladins in Khorinis and obtain the Eye of Innos. Now the hero already has the eye and strangely it gives him an ability to talk to dragons (I just ran into a dragon and learnt about it). Why was he looking for paladins and the eye and what was so important about it?

Alrighty then! Spoilers inbound.

A quick recap: At the end of Gothic 1, you defeat the Sleeper (huge demon), but his last scream is a call to all creatures of Beliar: "COME!"

That's why the Dragons showed up with their army. Now your goal is to defeat the Dragons, but in order to do that you need the amulet or the Dragons will just squash you. Roughly. Only the Chosen of Innos can wear it.

All this is told to you by Xardas when he brings back the main character at the start of Gothic 2, so the easiest thing to do is actually to select New Game and watch the intro and first conversation again. It's quite a long conversation with Xardas, so it might be worth checking out.

Thank you! And I just looked at the beginning of the game as you suggested. Xardas says that the unleashed creatures are searching for some "sword"...?

Oh this is so nostalgic that I want to replay from the beginning, but will not due to time constraints.

You're picking up from where you left off in your last save from years ago? To be perfectly honest, that's going to be hard to do in any Gothic game. Imo, you would enjoy it a lot more if you just started over.

Hey man, I was keeping that save from 2002 for so many years just to pick up from it one day! :)

But yeah of course you're right. We'll see if the dragons start kicking my arse again, if I find myself stuck again or failing to enjoy the game, then it would be best to either replay or give up on it.

Thank you! And I just looked at the beginning of the game as you suggested. Xardas says that the unleashed creatures are searching for some "sword"…?

Oh this is so nostalgic that I want to replay from the beginning, but will not due to time constraints.

I assume the sword you mention is the one that was added in Night of the Raven. It's the main quest of the add-on, so there are two artifacts that you need to get your hands on: The amulet and the sword.

Back
Top Bottom