DA:O Wow I'm Out

Dragon Age: Origins
Yeah, Fade was definitely one of the best parts of the game - even if it's not my usual thing.

But it was quite imaginative and the whole Fade concept is great.

Interesting… my Human Warrior has 30 strength, but I seem to barely do any damage to him, whether it's with a sword or mace. He also seems to resist most of my abilities, my guess is that he's more susceptible to dual wield talents. I had to draw him into a party on party battle to beat him.

Interesting. My main is a dual wielding warrior, and I chopped that guy to bits in the one-on-one duel.

I guess I'm a treasure hound. I enjoyed the Fade okay, but since there is zero loot, even with master-pickpocket, it was just a timesink. On normal, with a mage main, there isn't a challenging battle in the whole thing. I'm going to have to look into an item-upgrade mod. To me, rewards for all my hard efforts are a strong, almost vital, motivator. So far, none of the main quests have offered any good rewards. Even fighting revenants is a waste of time, unless they're hoarding one of the massive armors and you happen to be playing a tank build. I want many more staves, robes, and enchanted gear for my guy to play with. I was honestly hoping that the people rescued in the Fade/Mage Circle would be grateful enough to give me a robe of the Archmagi or something similar. Nope, they didn't even replenish my used stock of potions. Not a single gold piece for the whole stinking place.

I guess I'm a treasure hound. I enjoyed the Fade okay, but since there is zero loot, even with master-pickpocket, it was just a timesink. On normal, with a mage main, there isn't a challenging battle in the whole thing. I'm going to have to look into an item-upgrade mod. To me, rewards for all my hard efforts are a strong, almost vital, motivator. So far, none of the main quests have offered any good rewards. Even fighting revenants is a waste of time, unless they're hoarding one of the massive armors and you happen to be playing a tank build. I want many more staves, robes, and enchanted gear for my guy to play with. I was honestly hoping that the people rescued in the Fade/Mage Circle would be grateful enough to give me a robe of the Archmagi or something similar. Nope, they didn't even replenish my used stock of potions. Not a single gold piece for the whole stinking place.

Now, that is strange! I went in without a rogue (so no locked chests to open) and I got some rather nice loot, notwithstanding! Especially the cowls, belts, lockets and robes, gloves and staves I picked off the mages that I fought.

Now, that is strange! I went in without a rogue (so no locked chests to open) and I got some rather nice loot, notwithstanding! Especially the cowls, belts, lockets and robes, gloves and staves I picked off the mages that I fought.

I think he was only referring to the period when you're in the Fade, not the Mages tower.

There´s also quite nice
anti-dragon sword reward for solving the statues "puzzle".

No loot in Fade kinda makes sense,
the attribute gains
are a loot of sorts though.

I think he was only referring to the period when you're in the Fade, not the Mages tower.

Ok, gotcha.
Still, I know you didn't really like all those stat bonuses, but for me the stat bonuses really made up for the lack of loot. :biggrin:

Read my post again. :)

Heh. -50 points to reading comprehension...

Seriously, if you're having problems with armor penetration, use a mace or maul. The armor penetration numbers for those weapons are sky high, as compared to a sword or axe.

I don't think I found all the stat buffs, but I got several. That was nice, because I had never raised strength or dexterity during level ups. My guy is slightly less wimpy :) I'm an arcane warrior, but I don't think I'll start carrying a sword anytime soon. It's nice for the stamina boosting armors that take a high strength stat to wear. My magic stat is sky high, so I can wear anything out there. All stamina boosts act as mana boosts so that really bumped the points.

There´s also quite nice
anti-dragon sword reward for solving the statues "puzzle".

I really enjoyed solving that particular puzzle.

The strength requirement is really high for that sword though. I'm saving it for Sten once he gets strong enough.

IMO, getting no loot from the Fade makes sense (wrt to the game lore). If it is a dream/spirit realm, how would there be real physical objects in there that I could carry back to the real world. The stat boosts (which can be considered immaterial/spiritual/whatever) make a bit more sense. To me at least. But then, you can use poultices and other physical objects from your inventory in the Fade and they are spent for good from your real world inventory. Ehm… OK, so it doesn't make much sense… but hey, it's magic! ;)

I really enjoyed solving that particular puzzle.
Yup, same here.

I might remember this wrong, but as I recall, the basement door showed as locked (and unopenable) to me and at first I thought I had missed my chance to complete that quest. Just for the heck of it I clicked the door anyway and sure enough it didn't open. I'm cursing at the monitor, something like how did the Bioware guys design a quest like this, then all of a sudden… What the HELL is THAT!! Heh, good times. (My only gripe is that the friendly mages in the area kept blasting fireballs at the creature resulting in not-so-friendly fire damage to my party.)

Back
Top Bottom