The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I was very patient about only playing my Wiz for a LONG time as Peter didn't have any chars who could play with my mid-levels on a Friday. I want to get them up to 20 and TR a couple of them, so I will not roll a new character I don't want to play. My next new char (other than eventual TR) will be a Druid, if/when they become available.

Corwin, that will work just fine and is what the plan is really. I have fighter I think I did the right build with. Don't remember what level that one is. So what character do you want to run as your lowbie and what level is it? That can be the level all the new TR's shoot for before we start using them on Friday…..until then we keep running our current high ones.

As a group, unless you can play solo during the week to level, it is clear past level 12 you have to pug or we work on one character for Friday. Running lowbies on friday is still a way down the road, we just need to agree on the level everyone should solo up to. I can't log into game atm so not sure what level your lowbies are Corwin. So just pick which one you want to work on and we can go from there.

If we all get 2 lowbies, either from TR or have them in mothballs we could run one group one Friday and the second group the next. Then run our high ones the next. That would keep the game fresher for us too. Lots of options open so we can get the most out of the game. I will try to catch up with someone during the week next week to chat on what you guys discuss on Friday. Dang it I am having withdrawal so bad. lol

Those of us going the mothball route will have to keep in mind that we'll be levelling much faster than the TRs, running the same stuff. That will complicate matters. It will basically take 1.5 "mothball toons" to match the snail pace advancement of the TRs (it's 1.5x the XP per level, right?). For example, if I ran my new rogue for 22k XP, he'd be level 7; the TRs would still be level 5. I'll have to mix in a few runs with Bot to keep the levels close.

Corwin will be in a bind for several weeks. He won't be able to run with the lowbies/TRs until they get to level 7 minimum (to work with his level 9s). That's going to be a while, probably including more than one Friday session. I'm not sure how we get around that. Even if we 5-man it during the week (Corwin does seem to have the least play time of us, so that 5-man has better odds than it might have, but I doubt Peter can do it), you're probably still looking at a Friday session or two before he can join in.

My Bard and Rogue ae both level 9 and my Sorc JUST made 10. With Jo having just TR'd her rogue into a bard, I imagine my rogue will be the most useful. Assuming we do everything on Elite :) we should be able to handle a 3 level gap!! Peter has always said the bonus and penalty issues balance out.

It's 1.75 times the xp to level, not 1.5. A second TR will be an additional 1.75 on top of that.

For example, it takes 190,000 xp to go from 19 to 20. A TR needs 332,500xp instead. A TR2 needs 581,875.

In the earlier levels, it shouldn't matter because there is so much more stuff to run. Later on, we're going to be pressed for xp, and the TR's may have to bank stuff. We WILL need to run some raids at level, VoN for example can net upwards of 30k in a single run. That is too much to pass up. Up to Gianthold Level, we should be fine; but past Gianthold/Orchard there's simply not that much. Granted, there (hopefully) may be be more, and it will be a moot issue once we get there.

However, that means we really don't need to bank on the penalties and bonuses balancing out. Running stuff with no one more than 1 level above the quest level is fine. Some stuff we'll want to hold off on until later, like IQ, as of right now there's only IQ and Shavarath at the 18-20 range, and of course the Hound of Xoriat and Vision of Destruction raids.

I'm working OT for the foreseeable future, unless I find another job first or win the lotto. So weekday runs will be rare for me for the time being.

I also have a Bard and a Sorc down at 7 and 9, respectively.

The extra XP needed for TR's increase with level and at lower levels you don't notice much difference. The formula is like this.

TR1: +5% to level 2, +10% to level 3 and so on
TR2: +10% to level 2, +20% to level 3 and so on.

To reach level 4 you need 56k instead of 50k. That's not a big difference. So I think we can get to level 7 when we can play with Corwin without too much effort.

Both my TR'ed toons are now level 4. Jo will make level 5 with her toon tomorrow. So it would be easy for us to play high level quests on Friday nights until Reywindd, Aerie, Rachail, Phuury and Wouldii all get to 20. Soon we can play level 7-10 quests with Corwin's 3 other toons. CM and Tom can consider making a new one or use one of their other low level ones. I think we would be within 2 level range easily. 3 levels is possible too, but then we need to find quests that are close within range of our TR'ed toons.

Last edited:
I have a level 4 monk I have not put in the guild. And I have my half-orc. I still have a wiz too but that one I did not enjoy and keep her just for a mule. I still have 2 slots so if you need a particular class to run with you just til you get your TR's up I would be glad to role one up. Won't be till next week of course but just let me know. I can help with them just til get up to level 7 or 8 and Corwin can then run his.

I'm going to build that melee rogue, probably over the weekend. So I'll have him ready at level 4. I'll have the healbot sitting at level 6 (he's about half way to level 7). Between those two, I'll be able to keep pace with the TRs.

It's going to be a long while before Wouldii makes it to lvl20. He's missing too many flagging quests right now, and most of the stuff he needs requires a party. I've been keeping an eye out for PUGs, but there aren't many running those quests and most of the ones that do pop up are lvl20s doing elite favor runs which would shank my XP or lvl12s running the quests at the right level which I'd screw up their XP. Moral of the story, I wouldn't "hold up the train" waiting for the Wood Man to make lvl20.

Ah I see. I had read that it was 75% more xp but I didn't dig into it. I assumed it was a flat increase, not spread over the levels.

I'm off tomorrow but next weekend is not looking good. At the lease this weekend I'll try to cap aerii.

A bit of U11 news, and one that should make Rogue mechanics happy.

Crossbows are being reworked. Now it's fire, then you can do whatever, instead of waiting on reload. Great Crossbows gain a knockdown on a 20, and repeaters' bug with not always firing all three shots is fixed.

RhoGu finished up Korthos today. I see the TRs did a lot of running over the weekend and are already leaving him behind. Guess Bot will get more exercise than originally planned.

You can still use RhoGu with us. Some of us have reached level 6 while some are at level 5. Rhogu was level 4 yesterday. Are you far from level 5? We need to get to level 7 so we can play with Corwin's 2 characters.

Update 9.1 will be released today so prepare for some time downloading. They have a few issues with it so server downtime is extended.

He's got a long way to go for lvl 5: 60/90. Took 8k (and 32 coin lord favor) from Korthos, though, and didn't even run Misery Peak. I'll be working on him thru the week as time allows, but I doubt I'll make lvl5 by Friday. It's kinda slow going because I'm double-running or triple-running all the quests. Not great XP, but I do get some XP for my trouble, unlike the more traditional favor runs.

Somewhat unfortunate, because I really wanted to work on getting Wouldii to lvl17 so he can run with the 20s, but no biggie. Had a disasterous beginning to the Harbinger series over the weekend. Lost my pocket cleric shortly before the final battle and got the living crap stomped out of me. Repeatedly. Went thru 3 cakes and ~130 wand charges worth of cure moderate, but finally made it thru. A little scared to run pt2.

Dte I have a level 4 monk I can run with you. I have not added her to guild yet is all. If they ever get the servers up today I will be in, just yell. Or if you want to run Wouldi and I have someone who is still close enough not to pooch your xp I don't mind taking a bit of a hit. Just give me a yell if I am on, which I hope to be some time today. ;)

I wasn't trying to make this out as a big deal. More just an observation. When we run with Corwin's 9's, I'll have to use Bot anyway because Rhogu would get a powerlevel penalty unless I can knock out a couple levels in record time. Not a crisis either way since I've got Bot sitting around.

It's still very early, but I'm having fun with Rhogu so far. His ability to get into places I've never been (the "bonus chests" in Redemption and Necromancer) pleases me greatly. I'm looking forward to jumping into Waterworks eventually. We'll have to see how his melee holds up as he gets into more challenging quests, but so far izzavellynice.

http://www.ddo.com/ddostoredailydeals Each day in May, DDO Store is featuring an item for 1TP! Today? Siberys Spirit Cake!

Click on the twitter link on the DDO page to get your coupon code.

Jm has got her bard and rogue into level 7. Azraelck has got his sorcerer into level 7 too. Dte has a level 6 cleric and level 5 rogue. Cm has a level 6 monk and level 6 fighter. I have both my TR'ed toons (favored soul and paladin) into level 7 as well. That means we can soon play with Corwin's bard and rogue and soon his sorcerer. So far no Corwin to see inside DDO. :)

In the mean time we can use our high level toons to get Rachail (paladin) and Reywindd (wizard) to level 20 (level 19 now). We can also help Wouldii (ranger) to get to level 20 (level 16 now).

So I think we have a lot of action going on at the moment, both at high and low level. Guild level has risen to 39 and we're soon approaching 40. Then we can buy several new nice things to the guild ship.

Hey, some of us have a life outside of DDO!! :) Maybe next week I'll have time to join you all during the week. I haven't even installed TW2 yet.

Dte has a level 6 cleric and level 5 rogue.
Both toons are 23k XP from the next level. It's not like there's a Path of Inspiration for level 5, but we can pull down 23k in a long night or two.
We can also help Wouldii (ranger) to get to level 20 (level 16 now).
That will be a little more tricky. He needs 64k to level, but will get a powerlevel penalty until he makes lvl17. Needs to pick up some flagging quests before being able to run the raids, too. Best bet would probably be to run Meridia outdoors. He's a little underpowered for that, but would rack up XP pretty quickly since he's never been there. Might be a good way to test those vampiric short swords, though.

I propose we play with Wouldii on Friday evenings to do the quests you need to get raid flagged. Doing the outdoor quests in Meridian is probably a good place to start so you can get flagged for the Shroud. You lose some XP until you get to level 17. We can do the quests several times (normal first and then hard) because they give great XP for time spent. Can you please tell which of the Meridia quests you've done and which you still need?

If you put on the voice of master + XP boost from the guild ship you advance a bit further. Even better is to get an XP potion.

Back
Top Bottom