Demonicon - Review Roundup

Where do you live joxer? I can't recall having a power surge during the last year or so. I have lost connection on a few occasions but a power surge?

I have surges frequently on a bad weather.
I do have UPS, but it won't hold games (gfx card powersucking), so sould I buy the one that costs $3784563847568374 because Demonicon devs were lazy?

I never have power surges, but I do have a computer that crashes frequently. It's hardware related, and I don't have money to replace the motherboard, cpu and RAM right now (which are the only parts I haven't replaced since the problem began when the comp was almost brand new).

So for me not being able to save anywhere is a huge problem. It worked ok in SR:R because the missions were short and the time between "check" points was never more than maybe ten minutes most of the time. Still, I do agree with Joxer, save anywhere is a feature that should be mandatory (except maybe no saves in combat as long as a combat never lasts more than ten minutes).

For example you happen to enter the golden pyramid of Rhazzazor in Warunk.

Really ??? O_O *gasp*

That's interesting, I have heard so much about it ... However, I have never played any adventure there yet (I'm speaking of pen & paper TDE now).

Yea the problem is since autosaves happen only on predefined spots, your exploration suffers.

You can explore for an hour, and then you die on some random encounter. Will you explore then?

Really ??? O_O *gasp*
Yeah, but actually it's not a big deal in the game (so far). The plot takes place after Rhazzazors defeat and after Ayla von Schattengrund liberated Warunk.

Yea the problem is since autosaves happen only on predefined spots, your exploration suffers.

You can explore for an hour, and then you die on some random encounter. Will you explore then?
Currently I'm helping myself with area transitions after some exploring.

Currently I'm helping myself with area transitions after some exploring.

Man…

SPOILER WANTED!
What areas trigger autosaves?

Hell I stopped playing hoping there will be some hint or something about saves, but no word even on official Kalypso forum. :(

Well right now I'm pretty early in the game, but going between the Market and the Refugee camp triggers the autosave icon. So I'm guessing any transition where it needs to load a map (& you get a loading screen) triggers a save.

Good!
The question that remains only is do enemies respawn endlessly so I can grind all stats to max in that early area which will mean I don't need to deliberately trigger saves later.

I haven't seen any enemy respawn so far. (Except from boss battles where the minions spawn until the boss is dead.)

When you pick a side in the first town, enemies spawn here and there. But I'm unsure if they spawn once at certain spots, or are resurrected at the same spots 24/7. ;)

When you pick a side in the first town, enemies spawn here and there. But I'm unsure if they spawn once at certain spots, or are resurrected at the same spots 24/7. ;)
They are set encounters at certain points that only happen once, and never again. So you can't call them monster spawns.;)

Edit: Well unless you die and then have to redo them all over again that's the only exception. Blame the save option once again.

Last edited:
:(
And I hoped to levelup my poor arse early to levelcaps like in… um… y'know.

:(
And I hoped to levelup my poor arse early to levelcaps like in… um… y'know.

:rotfl:

Joxer you are being funny! Stop that immediately!

:rotfl:

Joxer you are being funny! Stop that immediately!
Nah it's just him being his usual self. He makes every topic interesting at least.
smilielol5.gif

Last edited:
If combat is like the first Templar I would consider that a plus. I though combat was well done in the first Templar, you couldn't just rush in to battle and hack away or you would die. You had to time attacks, block, dodge and counter attack to be successful.

I completely disagree. Combat was the reason why I stopped early on, because there is not much left if you don't like the combat.

And, man does it suck. Every RPG that forces me to block manually feels more like an action game than an RPG to me and automatically kills it for me. The combat was even worse than the combat in Witcher 2 before the EE patch.

I stil don't quite understand combat - I just roll around and flail madly and that seems to work ;-) When that mouse button appears during combat, should I click? I tried and didn't always seem to do things. Other times it looked like I was doing a special attack. I never use the 'parry' key..is that the same as block? Or something else? Are you supposed to press it at a specifc time, or can you just keep holding down? The manual is not very clear.

I don't feel much satisfactiun from the combat - but I am enjoying the story and TDE lore, which is new to me.

I completely disagree. Combat was the reason why I stopped early on, because there is not much left if you don't like the combat.

And, man does it suck. Every RPG that forces me to block manually feels more like an action game than an RPG to me and automatically kills it for me. The combat was even worse than the combat in Witcher 2 before the EE patch.

Well yes, it is action combat. Success is based on your reflexes more than your stats, if you don't like that you won't like the combat in the first Templar.

I stil don't quite understand combat - I just roll around and flail madly and that seems to work ;-)
Not sure why Sir Brennus found it unlikable.

One or a few easy mobs: turn the monitor off, clickfest, they dead.
Hard to kill or many mobs: do not turn the monitor off, roll like crazy, stun spell (freeze), use E a few times to regain ES, repeat. You can hit them here and there with melee weapon just for fun, but it's really not necessary at all.
That works also for bosses till…

Marshes boss doesn't need you to use spells at all:
stand near entrance and hit E on exploding undead when near tentacles to destroy them, then roll between the boss and approaching corpses to kill him too.
Just make sure you always have healing pots in inventory, not that you'll die in every fight, but since you can't save whenever you want to no need to risk it.
And I'm unsure if this works later after marshes as I just finished that part, but so far I don't see any reason to unlock those other spells.

Dunno why, but I kinda like the game. I will say that the savegame system in it is retarded, I will say that the dialogue system could have been better than this lousy copy of ME system, I will say that bringing you back to the same location in every chapter while you can't explore previously visited areas whenever you want sucks, but still… I'm having fun with this game.

Last edited:
Hard to kill or many mobs: do not turn the monitor off, roll like crazy, stun spell (freeze), use E a few times to regain ES, repeat. You can hit them here and there with melee weapon just for fun, but it's really not necessary at all.

Ok joxer I'm curious... So what kills those mobs than? Roll shouldn't do any damage and neither should stun spell. And, as you have said, it's not even necessary to use melee weapons?

Do you play this game? Or misread something…
E doesn't just regain ES, it's ranged attack that deals damage.

Yes, melee weapons were so far not necessary in my playthrough, but when dealing with easy mobs, no point of rolling and ranged attacks, just use melee.

Back
Top Bottom