Spiderweb Games - Geneforge Saga Bundle

I liked Geneforge 5 quite a bit. I know that I would get sick of these games far before I could complete this series though.

It is still an amazing deal ... especially since Jeff has updated the earliest ones (using his beta crew) to make sure they still work!

I've played the Avernums but not gotten round to the Geneforges (is it pronounced Jenny-Forge, like Genesis, or Jean-Forge like genes?) Anyway will certainly buy the bundle, it's great value.

I'm positive it is pronounced jeanforge due to it being about geneomes.

Does anyone know if this is a limited deal, or is it likely that this bundle will be available for awhile? I think I've hit my quota for buying games for a little while and I can't justify $75 at the moment, even if it is for a series I've really enjoyed thus far (played the first two).

he seriously wants 75 for them? is he nuts? IW as thinking he was offering them up for 30.....

he seriously wants 75 for them? is he nuts? IW as thinking he was offering them up for 30.....
Are you nuts?

Buying them individually still costs $131.
$75 means a massive saving.

Alas, I am financially dodgy at the moment, and unless I sell my wife and kids I'm unlikely to be getting any Geneforge love of any kind in the near future :(

Are you nuts?

Buying them individually still costs $131.
$75 means a massive saving.

Not really. You can also buy the trilogy (1-3) for $45, and the 4+5 combo for $45. So it was already possible to get the entire series for $90.

Not really. You can also buy the trilogy (1-3) for $45, and the 4+5 combo for $45. So it was already possible to get the entire series for $90.
Yeah, true.
Still a saving though. I don't see why anyone would think it should be drastically cheaper.

Maybe because they have been out for so long and they are not exactly cutting edge anymore. He has made his money and then some on those titles and is still charging a premium to buy the complete set.

I'm not certain I agree with "premium" with this particular deal, but I agree that the individual prices of the earlier ones does seem a bit steep.

But 30 bucks for the whole lot? C'mon.

Mind you, at least I wouldn't have to sell my kids for medical experiments like lghartveit suggests. :)

They sold the complete ultima collection for 19.99.

Intellectually I understand his pricing as he does need to make enough money to survive and pay his contractors/employees. He did an interesting blog a while back on how the $0.99 game is basically killing the industry and I agreed with him on that. Having said that I'm still not quite ready to shell out $75 for this bundle. A while back I looked into buying Diablo 2 from Blizzard, which was one of the few major RPGs I missed, and its still priced near $40 or so and its about as old as geneforge though with some graphical differences.

Each of the first 3 Avernum titles gave me at least 3 months of gaming fun. I've yet to play the 4th and 5th parts, but when I finish the whole saga (I suppose I won't be past the 5th one when the 6th part comes out), I hope I'll have the cash to buy the Geneforge saga. I'd bet it's at least 15 months of a bit repetitive, but quality RPgaming.

Back
Top Bottom