General News - Wizardry PS3 Screens, Fighting Fantasy, Indie Roundup

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Wow @ Fighting Fantasy. It looks graphically similar to M&M6 but better!

Ugh….. what have they done to Wizardry?!

Looks like they dorked it up pretty bad, I'd say.

And what is the appeal of airplane-wing ears? :S Is one artist responsible for all Japanese art style?

Apparently if you preorder Fighting Fantasy you get the original book the game is based on.

As for Wizardry ... it has taken on a life of its own in Japan.

Wizadry anime!?!? Oh my, I fear I have been too long in this world. The values I once held dear are now ... wait a sec, I'm only 43 years old! WTF!??! Get your silver dollar eyes out of my mid-life crises, you scum!!

The Wizardry game for the PS2 (Tale of the Forsaken Land) wasn't bad at all. It had a touch of Japanese flavor, but also had a dark, foreboding atmosphere with great BGM. I don't like the look of this new one at all....

Yep, though hopefully Atlus can bring em over like they did for Dark Spire and Class of Heroes 1. Heh, the original Wizardry anime OVA was actually pretty awesome---it was what led me to the games!

I actually like the Wizardry style I saw there. To me it was all about the gameplay and not about the character icons, and if they kept the gameplay, I'm all for it!
I wonder how 'Tiltowait' is written in japanese.

I didn't like what I saw there, but they're not making these games with 'Foriegners' in mind. They have taken wizardry and made it their very own. Not a bad idea, if the old Wizardry survived as well. Then there could of been two culturally different Wizardries out there. Would of been cool to compare and contrast the differences, but our Wizardry took a nose dive off of the Empire State Building. They're never getting back up after that fall ;) Ehh too bad.

But now all that is left of Wiz is the Japanese version. Which is good for them, but very bad for anyone who liked the orginal game.

The cultural difference comes from the original games and the jokes in them which the japanese took seriously since they didnt understand them (only americans understood them). So the japanese went on and made their own wizardry series that was more like serious than witty like the original western series.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom