Legends of Eisenwald - Post-Funding Update #42

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Aterdux Entertainment has a new post-funding update for Legends of Eisenwald with news that the game is now available on Steam Early Access.

We are very happy to announce that today at 9AM PST (8PM Moscow) we start Early Access on Steam! We teamed up with the Humble Store (these are the nice people who run Humble Bundle) to distribute Steam keys and also DRM-free version of the game (DRM-free will be available a bit later but very soon). By the way, all of you who backed us or pre-ordered the game will receive BOTH Steam key and DRM-free!

What's new in the game

We could have written lots of stuff here, but we will just say two things: there is a new scenario Way Home, which is the second scenario of the big campaign, plus there are mounted units! Get your copy and have fun :)

Instructions

• The email that you provided in the survey (the email for your first or the only copy of the game) will be the email used to redeem the game through the Humble Store. For those of you who have not filled out the survey, you will have to use the email that we have on file from Kickstarter (or Paypal.)
  • As we make new builds, you can use the Humble Store to download the latest versions, up to the final Release version and beyond.
  • The other digital rewards (PDF artbook, the OST) will all eventually be available for direct download DRM-free via the Humble Store when they are released.
We chose the Humble Store because it really makes the distribution process for you and us much easier (we actually don't know how we could have handled it ourselves). We looked at many other Kickstarter projects that used Humble Store for distribution and saw that it worked really well. And folks at Humble store were extremely helpful and friendly, we hope you like their distribution service and their store as we came to like it.

When will the game be released in full?

The best answer we can give right now is - as soon as we can. As soon as we see the game as ready and when you and our community will consider it ready. There are ways to speed up our development process but they usually require extra resources which we don't have.

One example here is our translation process. Our game is really story driven and there are a several story lines, so the amount of translation is really significant. In our current version there is no German or French translation of the new, Way Home scenario. We are very grateful to Michael and Philippe who have been taking care of the German and French translation so far, but they have their other jobs and were unable to finish it in time for Early Access launch and we, on the other hand, didn't want to delay this launch because of that. So, we will add these scenarios in German and French later, hopefully soon and we will look for other ways to get future translations done.

Another example is testing. Despite our efforts to create something systematic, it's still a bit irregular. We talked to other teams, for example some of the guys, who did Eador: Master of the Broken World and they highly recommended using companies who do stream lined testing. And again, lack of resources doesn't let us do it, at least yet but we really hope Early Access will help us out in his respect.
More information.

Great, that means the game is getting closer to being done. And that is when I'll be playing it incidentaly.

Great, that means the game is getting closer to being done. And that is when I'll be playing it incidentaly.
I have a feeling the game wont be finished till mid to late next year. The release should of been last year. This game just like Xenonauts are both way behind schedule.

Last edited:
It appears that mounts only take up one hex. Not realistic, but I guess that's okay. Looks good.

It appears that mounts only take up one hex. Not realistic, but I guess that's okay. Looks good.

If that's the biggest concern about the game, then it's probably going to be the best game ever made :)

I remember, one video of a lets play the beta version was posted on this site. The video was released in December, 2013.

Note by the way developpers are telling of plans to make the game much, much bigger.

It is getting as close as it can be. And that is still far away.

Back
Top Bottom