Underworld sequel

Thanks empireforge. Sorry I missed that.

The world map!

sovereign_world_map_low_res.png

There's a dev blog post with a few more details.

http://www.olderbytes.com/sovereign-world-map.html

I'll be writing about character creation and development next.

There was a new piece of news a while ago and I overlooked updating here. It's a new take on the GUI.

Sovereign_gui_0213.png

Keep them coming Charles; it's looking good!!

Indeed it's looking great! Love the world map, and those new portraits in the updated UI.

I like it.
If you ever choose to kickstart it, I'm your instapledger.

I don't think that France has Kickstarter and if they did, it would probably sound disgusting in French!! :)

I don't think that France has Kickstarter and if they did, it would probably sound disgusting in French!! :)

Hah. Anything is better than mispronounced English form some far-away-native-speaking-wannabe-nations which pibbur for his own safety choose not to mention.

pibbur whose pronounciation of the Norwegian language, contrary to what 90% of the population thinks but they are morons, is as it should be.

EDIT: OTOH his typo-avoiding-skills leaves much to be desired.

PS: The game looks good. I especially like the map. Ahh… the memories … DS.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I'm French but grew up in a Chicago suburb so I sound midwestern when I speak English. So there :)

I would love to see some inventory screens, quest lists, attribute/skill charts etc. How far along are you in development, Charles? The overland map makes Underworld look like a minnow, so I'm curious as to your expected development time.

I would love to see some inventory screens, quest lists, attribute/skill charts etc. How far along are you in development, Charles? The overland map makes Underworld look like a minnow, so I'm curious as to your expected development time.

Nice of you to ask :)

I've got a few screens that are close to completion. I've been jumping from one to the other and they've all been evolving. Nothing is quite finished yet but three are in a state that can bear some mild, lenient scrutiny.

The detailed explanations are here.

character_creation.png

inventory.png

inventory.png

Concerning ETA there's really nothing accurate I can say at this point. I'm also working on editors which should help. I have an editor for maps, mobs, loots and am working on one for quests and general content. That last one may turn out being a bust though. It's complicated. It might just turn out being an aid, as well as help have all texts externalized for possible localization.

French is likely :)

PS Thanks for teaching me another word.

Minnow
noun, plural ( especially referring to two or more kinds or species ) min·nows ( especially collectively, Rare ) min·now for 1, 2, 3.
1. a small, European cyprinoid fish, Phoxinus phoxinus.
2. any other fish of the family Cyprinidae, including the carps, goldfishes, and daces.
3. any of various unrelated, small fishes.
4. a person or thing that is comparatively small or insignificant.

Starterkick, kickstarter in french:)

A quick update on the new combat system: http://www.olderbytes.com/arena-combat.html

This will be in the Underworld update as well as Sovereign. It may still evolve though.

Hopefully I can increase the updates beyond one per year :)

WOW, LONG time no see, or hear. What's been happening and when will Sovereign be ready? :)

When it's done :D

I've been covering three projects and a hectic real life but things seem to be coming together.

Hello everyone

Underworld just Greenlit!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93144364

Still making daily progress on Sovereign... And a couple other projects.

I'll probably wait until UW is upgraded to Sovereign standards (hey that doesn't sound cocky) before publishing on Steam.

Back to my hole!

One last question today and I'm done. I was wondering if it would be better to buy your games off your website, or use Steam to purchase them?

It's probably better to wait for the next (final this time I promise) upgrade. It'll be better by just about everyone's standards.

Whether on Steam or the website I honestly have no idea. I'm guessing if you sell more on Steam you go up their charts and possibly get seen more but how effective that really is... Probably not much but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom