Gothic 4 - Jowood Forum Tidbits

All i want is just a game go out, for god sake years ago there was always good game going out, now months come and go and no games come out, specially my favorites ones, rpg games.

No i will not buy a console.
________
Ford times picture

Last edited:
Whereas "Rhobar" always seemed to me as an shortened form of "Rotbart" = "Redbeard".

I don't know whether this was intentional, but I always had the feeling as it was so.

mmm now you mention it I see what you mean, but it never occured me. But I don't think that was the meaning, I mean Rhobar was a good king and not a person like redbeard

I don't think as well that this connection was intentional.

He doesn't really have a red beard, does he?

I think that most RPGs or other games set in fantasy worlds follow the algorithm suggested in the rulebooks for Swedish PnP system Drakar och Demoner. Take an existing name, add a few "h" and swap a few other characters. -bar must be an incredibly common last syllable in fantasy names. Either that or you give the character a name that actually means something or exists in the real world (the M&M approach). And try to make the names sound similar (Gothic uses a lot of Spanish names for instance). Some games simply steal real names that noone heard about (IIRC the demo for one of the Krynn games has characters named after Latvian and Lithuanian cities).

So I dont think there is anything profound to the Rhobar name. It's likely just a mutation of Roger or Robert...

Back
Top Bottom