Grotesque Tactics - German Release, English Date

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It looks like Silent Dreams has released Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes in German, and the English version is dated for April.
This thread has the full details (scroll down) - apparently the game was released on February 22nd without enough fanfare to reach our ears. The game is 20 Euro and there is a (German) demo available. As an interesting side detail, apparently Grotesque Tactics was programmed by Carsten Edenfeld, a former lead from Piranha Bytes on the Gothic series. There's also a v.1.0.0.3 patch available.
If you've forgotten the details, Grotesque Tactics is a humorous, turn-based strat-RPG - here's a new trailer. The project has started to help fund further development on their more ambitious RPG project.
For English readers, this thread says they should have the localisation done for April, as mentioned.
Thanks, Omega!
More information.

I hope the ingame text is better edited than their newsposts :rolleyes:
I guess I should try the demo if I have some time.

Too bad it's only online.

I'd buy it at retail for that price right away just to support them. ;)

If it's true turn-based, I'd like to hear more about it from the German contingent.

The first review says the game is decent.

Hi guys I played the german demo and I like this game. I will buy the game, when I get my new Pay Pal account. xD
This RPG surprises me, cause its different. It's a RPG parody, but also has an interesting storyline with a nice tactic combat system. I like those crazy characters in the game.

I am very curious about this game! What is the tactic turn-based combat like? do you have a party of characters?

I am very curious about this game! What is the tactic turn-based combat like? do you have a party of characters?

That was exactly what I was going to ask. Seems to me from part of the video that if not a full party, at least you can have one companion (and if so, don't see why you couldn't have more). Looks interesting indeed.

I'm rather certain you ultimately have a team in a typical fashion with interactions and whatnot considering the earlier trailers and written pieces....each various lampoons on stock tropes IIRC.

I think there were 2 titles. Grotesque Tactics has a turn-based strategy combat system like Heroes of Might & Magic. But Tactics is a RPG title, you dont buy armies but you recruit a lot of party members and control all of them.

I have a solution for the demo.
Go into the setting folder and open the 2 files with notepad+ (config.xml and default.xml). Search German and change it by English, you save and the game is in english ( more or less.)

There is a small German-language discussion about it at Larian's :
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=318768#Post318768

From what I could discern from the google translation, doesn't seem like the game is too good. It's short (poster finished it in 15 hours). Supposedly the tactical options are not that good either. On the plus side, it has funny moments. But again, this was what I got from reading the google translation. (The game was supposed to be released in 2006 originally, and the current game seems to be very different than the original plan or something)

Seems they've found a publisher. A boxed version will come in May. The full voice-overs will be made available as DLC for customers of the DL version.

Ah ! Nice ! :)

Too bad it's only online.

I'd buy it at retail for that price right away just to support them. ;)

On-line only? Why?
I thought I could play it on my notebook while travelling (without an internet connection).
Are we sure it's on-line only?

I see they put a link on the site and it's possible to buy the game.
Is it the german version or it's english too?
I found on the net that it's possible to download the demo and change the .ini file to obtain an almost full english translated game. Maybe the english translated versione is just on sale?

I meant with "online" the method of purchasing the game.

No hardcopies, then. No CDs or DVDs, then.

Back
Top Bottom