Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Update#13 & 14

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Warhorse Studios has two more updates for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Update #13 - "Some Boring Statistics"

This is not the combat update – we are working on it and will post it soon.

In the meantime, I was thinking that it might be interesting to share some of the information from behind the scenes that we can see as the project creators (actually, before the project ends, we cannot see that much, but I'll share what we have).

The following graph shows the split between pledges made directly via Kickstarter and pledges made by people who came to Kickstarter from other sources. As you would expect, only minority of people goes directly to our Kickstarter project page, and even 25% seems a lot. Part of these 'unreferred' links are due to the URL shorteners (like the one we have on our Facebook page) , part may be due to people who block 'referrer' field in their browser.
Update #14 - "Video Update #4: Combat!"

This time we are bringing you something special: twelve minute video about our combat system. Good combat mechanics is at the heart of every RPG and we are very proud of ours. It's based on real-time collision detection and inverse kinematics; technologies that were difficult to use for game-critical mechanics on previous generation hardware. The result is a combat experience that looks and feels believable and natural, yet is not constrained to few sets of canned animations that have to be executed in perfect synchronization. The system seamlessly integrates things like interaction with environments, different heights of opponents or uneven terrain. Our combat is a blend of tactics and timing, skills of the player and stats of the character. But enough words, watch the video:
More information.

Every video I see gets me more excited.
I can't wait to partake in that battle and dish it out with the rest of the peasant rabble. :)

Will we all turn to graphics whores because of this game?
If the rich content in a game is not just graphics, that shouldn't be a bad thing.
If this succeeds post kickstarter, maybe evil publishers realize dumbing down games and making just fancy visuals is not the only way to sell.

Viktor looks like he could be Putin's son…

This is the first time I've bothered to sit down and see what this game is about; with just 8 days to go on their campaign, I'm glad I did - this project looks crazy-ambitious, from the graphics, to the combat, to the open-world design.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom