Dungeon Siege 3 - Preview @ Joystiq

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Joystiq has a brief preview of Dungeon Siege from E3, though the author is quick to point out he doesn't know much about the series:
As someone who's predominately a console gamer, I wasn't particularly familiar with the Dungeon Siege franchise before I sat down for a peek at the third iteration deep within the recesses of Square-Enix's E3 booth. I knew it owed a lot to Diablo, but little else. Within the first seconds of seeing Dungeon Siege III, however, I knew that Obsidian's new take on the series had been designed with someone like me in mind.

The most obvious cue? The perspective, which has gone from the zoomed out view the series is most associated with, to a more traditional third-person action perspective right over the shoulder. The classic view is still available with just a button press, but most of the demo I saw zooms in tight on the lead character.
More information.

I love this game! Played 1 and 2 non stop, and still playing them! In fact, I think I'm going to start playing them again while waiting for the third one to come out

Are you being sarcastic?

DS1 was just an interactive screensaver. DS2 wasn't too bad though.

I loved the 2nd game.
The first game was diablo-with-a-party as far as I concern. Action, combat, very little story, background, characters with personalities, sidequests etc.

The 2nd game ended up closer to Baldur's Gate with more fleshed out companions who had both personalities and sidestories to them, a more fleshed out universe with background story for stuff like species and cilivizations, lots of sidequests and a decent storyline.

It was just too bad that the expansion went back to the DS1 design with a linear hack-n-slash fest.

DS1's great saving grace is it's association with U5 and U6. That is pretty much it. No more no less.

Back
Top Bottom