Might & Magic - Community Loss

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Sad news for fans of Might & Magic and Wiz8 with well-known community member and modder Flamestryke passing away in April. From Celestrial Heavens:
I just learned that the well known, long time Might and Magic fan Flamestryke, who has created absolutely great and colorful walkthroughs for MM7-MM9 at www.flamestryke.com, has recently passed away. This is what writes Peter2 at Castle Gobs forums:

It is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that Flamestryke, constructor of some of the best web-sites about MM7-9, passed away in April. She had been suffering from cancer for some time.

I never actually met Erika Walters (for that was her actual name), but she and I had been exchanging emails for some years. She had had far more than her fair share of ill-health and ill-luck, but she never allowed that to sour her against life, and in her emails to me she remained a gentle and great-hearted lady. I hope the next life will be kinder to her than this one was.

I drink to her memory.

Our deepest sympathies to Erika’s family for the terrible loss. Rest in peace, Flamestryke, you will be remembered.
Thanks dte and Dodd.
More information.

Aww, yes I recall her by name, being an old MM fan myself. Sympathies with her family, and may a better adventure await her on the other side.

Many many times I've relied on Flamestryke's maps and walk-thrus, not just for the M&M games, but she had the best Wizardy 8 site as well, with walkthrus that were spoiled or spoiler free according to your preference, and incredibly detailed. I emailed the site once with a question and compliment and she graciously answered in person. Nor did any of her sites lack a sense of humor.

She'll be missed and remembered.

Wow... that's terrible news...

I've visited her website almost every day for quite some time. I have gleaned so much M&M knowledge from her well constructed site over the years.

I'm very sorry to hear of her loss... and my heart goes out to her and her family and friends.

OMG, Flamestryke is no more?! I used to visit her site often between MM and Wizardry. Wasn't she the person in charge of Might and Magic Tribute? This is sad news. Off to go check Rednecks tavern.

Why must all good things come to an end ?

Edit : I was just thinking that it might be wise to archive her pages - and as a way to keep her works unforgotten.

We won't know how long they might be available.

A sad loss. It's tragic that we take the work of devoted fans for granted, until they are no longer there (I think someone probably worded that a bit more eloquently as "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"). Condolences to her family and those that knew her.

Back
Top Bottom