Might & Magic 8 on gog.com 6 $

Cheater… go back to the table and finish your vegetables. ;)

I'm quite far along in 7 not that much more I think. Maybe I will go back to 6 afterwords...although to be honest I'm talking with a indie dev about reviving the spirit of the game with torque 3d or somesuch. Nothing yet though.

Cheater… go back to the table and finish your vegetables. ;)

If you don't eat your fish, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your fish?

Says pibbur who wonders if gog will also provide mm9, and if so, how dte will react to it.

I do not know of this game of which you speak... ;)

Played a 14 hour marathon of mm7 yesterday... Haven't had a play session that long in ten years... Such an addicting game (in a good way).

It's fantastic. I replayed MM6-8 some time ago myself. Brilliant. Like you, I was completely hooked in a way I rarely am - usually something that only occurs during my first playthrough of a game, hardly ever during replays.

It is funny how fun they are considering how simple it really is. I'm not talking about the stats and skills(these are pretty deep) but the game itself. You don't chose what your characters say, you do chose which quests to complete. I think in some ways the game IS fun because you simply play. It is not bogged down by drama/melodrama.

Stop it! Do you know how many times I've played through this series? Don't make me break them out again. MM8 is really fun too, though many pander it because you don't create the whole party. I always keep the 1st island party instead of swapping out members and I never take the dragon. This way, the game feels nearly identical to MM7; a little bit too much so.

Stop it! Do you know how many times I've played through this series? Don't make me break them out again.

What was that? Do you hear them? They are beckoning you! Resistance is futile !!!

I loved 8 as much as I loved 6. I'm the only guy in the world who wasn't completely hot for 7. I am not even sure why.

On a side note, I just got the Prima official strategy guide for M&M8 today. Actually, I got the guide plus a full boxed copy of the game that I didn't need. It was an Ebay auction that I bid on just for the guide, which is very hard to find. I've had the guides for VI, VII, and IX for some time.

On a side note, I just got the Prima official strategy guide for M&M8 today.

I'm missing the MM8 strategy guide :(

Anyone remember how to 'cure' aging effects in MM7? Just noticed most of my characters are about 10 years older than they should be... been running into a lot of ghosts...

IIRC, there is a fountain that will restore your age, though it's in a difficult location, monster-wise. I have all the strategy guides, I think, and I can look this up for you if you don't get an answer before then. I loved hiring the various npcs to travel with the party. I'd always end up with ghost towns until the NPC's respawn :)

If there isn't a fountain, I know that one of the black potions cures aging. I think it's called restoration or rejuvenation. Your best bet to find black potions are probably in the Celestial City or Bracada Desert at the magic shops. Of course, if you have a grandmaster alchemist you can make it yourself. Mix a Divine Restoration (white) with one of the two color potions, can't remember which…red/orange maybe? If red/orange is haste, I think that's one that mixes. Save in case you blow up :)

Magic shops are random, so save before entering. If you don't like the selection, restore your save and try again.

Red/Green Divine Restoration
Orange/Blue Divine Restoration
Yellow/Purple Divine Restoration

Last edited:
Thanks CRPGnut for all the info... got myself back to my normal age.

I'm missing the MM8 strategy guide :(

Anyone remember how to 'cure' aging effects in MM7? Just noticed most of my characters are about 10 years older than they should be… been running into a lot of ghosts…

I think there's a potion for it, but the best way is to kill the ghosts before they reach you :)
When I got to the Barrow Downs at first I also noticed that. I usually let the basts come close to me, because then they die faster, but not with ghosts.

Also, now they're easy kills since I have no trouble with Angels even :) (go dark side!)

Had another small marathon yesterday, another 6+ hour stretch. They just don't make fun CRPGs like this anymore.

Had another small marathon yesterday, another 6+ hour stretch. They just don't make fun CRPGs like this anymore.

Question for you, since I'm playing this too and wondering why it is so fun to me as well. I have come to the conclusion because it has a lot of character and is a pretty simple sit down game. No complex plots, just gameplay. What do you think?

rune, you're playing M&M 7&8 at the same time?

I've got a question- regarding party order, someone was telling me that your middle 2 characters will hit more often with ranged atttacks than the party members on the ends...or do I have that backwards? Anyways.. does that happen in M&M 6-8, or was it just a certain one?

rune, you're playing M&M 7&8 at the same time?

I've got a question- regarding party order, someone was telling me that your middle 2 characters will hit more often with ranged atttacks than the party members on the ends…or do I have that backwards? Anyways.. does that happen in M&M 6-8, or was it just a certain one?

God no, I meant I'm playing 7 and trying to figure out the magic of the game...hahah, imagine playing both at the same time, how on earth would you remember which was which?

the magic of the game
I think it´s the combination of open world and non-scaled enemies on one side and solid itemization and (most importantly) excellent character development system (in MM7 imo best in the series) on the other.
These together maintain strong sense of progression pretty much for the whole
duration of the campaign.
Arcomage is not to be underestimated either :).

Back
Top Bottom