Everquest goes FTP

90% of this wall of text has absolutely nothing to do with DDO, and 100% of it has nothing to do with "Everquest goes FTP". So, you'll excuse me if I don't see many points at all beyond derailing a thread.

Ok, then, I guess we'll have to stop going in circles with walls of text :)

As I'm clearly a very adult individual - I'll be the "big guy" and call it a day.

j/k.

Well, good points and good points - I think it was an interesting peek into how people can get something very, very different from the same thing. Not uncommon - but still interesting if you're into psychology and what not.

I'll let the thread get back on track - as I detect it's critical to some of you ;)

That said, if someone moves this little debate part - I'll take a another stab or two at refuting those rather weak points. But by now, it's more like a dick-measuring match without a ruler - and I don't see much good coming from that, tbh.

Level requirements for low level items is some extreme cheese.

I don't know what kinds of approaches to (A)D&D are common, but I'm fine with that.

An overpowered super-duper-sword of godlike power in the hands of an level 3 character ... That would take away quite a lot of the challenge, imho.

D&D itemization is quite different from the DDO implementation. Using standard rules - you don't go beyond +5 items - and you don't have so many extra effects on a single item.

Also, since PnP D&D is governed by a DM - you don't have imbalanced drops if you don't want to have them.

Back
Top Bottom