• Hellgate: London

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Eschalon: Book 1

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
WTF??

I suspect cheating. This is ridiculous - Hellgate takes the first place?!?! C'mon man, that cannot be true.

It's more interesting that Mass Gate and Two World don't seem to have any Fanboys - poor wallflowers.

Agreed... somone is definitely cheating

With all due respect to the fine people at Flagship, there can't be 400+ people who read RPGWatch that think Hellgate was that good...

Haha, the poll was flooded and trolled like hell :D. With all due respect to all competitors but... 20% for Eschalon? Hellgate on first place? You can't even call it an RPG in a first place! How you could compare screenplay of NWN2 Mask or The Witcher to mindless clickfest against hordes of Hell? :D

I thought poll rigging was a Polish national sport. But come on, we don't have so many Hellgate fans here!

A few hours ago, Hellgate had almost no votes. Something is wrong here, but I'm not in a position to check.

When I was at work both Hellgate and Two worlds had close to 1 vote each. I get home and Hellgate is in the lead. I blame Bush. It was only a matter of time before he figured out how to fix polls on the internets:shakefist:

Edit: While writing this Hellgate jumped up by 97 votes from 500 to 597. No Way that many people voted in the space of 3 minutes.

Last edited:
I really hope the hellgate thing isn't a real stat . . . .

I'm torn between the witcher and motb, and extremely happy to actually have two games good enough that I'm genuinely torn. 2007 has been a good year for rpgs, long may it continue :)

It's not real.

@GothicGothicness I just noticed the 666. I bet it stops there now.

Last edited:
This morning i noticed NWN expansion suddenly leading the pack before Hellgate taken the lead. Someone apparently have nothing better to do during Chirstmas holidays.

Heh, RPG Watch Members: 1,129, Active Members: 310

Votes: 1775

Oh well, so HG:L is RPG of the Year now? :p Don't forget to put this news on your website dear Flagship Studios crew ;).

I already checked there to see if we were being bombarded by Hellgatians, but not a word in their forums. So I guess it's just one butthead that doesn't know that this is Christmas not April Fools Day.

Hm. I thought you had to be registered to vote and you could only vote once...

Replace the Butthead with Hacker and there you go. You got one butthead/hacker that thinks it's April Fools Day.

Some day, I hope to turn 12 years old and mess with internet polls. I will be l33t haxxorz! :rolleyes:

Heh, counter-hack?

Whatever. This is kind of funny, but still, time to reset. Maybe try again if whatever hole that's allowing this hacking can be plugged. If it's unpluggable, I guess no GotY this year

Not to disenchant those hackerz, but all you need to do is disable cookies, and you can vote as often as you want... As long as this isn't changed there is no point in any of those polls.

I've looked back at some of our other polls, and the average number of votes is around 300-400, and while a GotY poll will draw more votes, obviously something is seriously out of kilter. But the Watch powers that be will make sure of a fair result somehow.
I could understand it if fan forums were posting about this but I've checked several Hellgate sites and see nothing. The Witcher international forum has a reference stuck in a thread on the IGN poll, but Flagship has nada.

Back
Top Bottom