X3: Reunion... finally.

@bjon: Thanks for the tip. I know I can give commands to my Mercury while I'm in my Buster, but I haven't been able to actually trade with it. I'm just not understanding something right I guess.
Anyway, I appreciate the tip about the energy cells and Ore, I'm in Cloudbase SW right now, so I'm practically right on top of the Ore Belt... I'll give it a go..

You need the trading extension mk1 software to be installed. When you buy a mercury it should come with it - however I can't recall if the one you get at the start of the game has it or not. You might have to buy it at a trading station.

Okay, not sure if I have that or not. Maybe that's the problem. I'll check. Thanks

I've got X1 and X2 on CD here ... was a Bonus of gaming magazines ...

What do you think about X1 (aka simply X) ?

What do you think about X1 (aka simply X) ?
My exposure to the X universe started with the X Gold containing X: Beyond the Frontier and X-Tension. After trying X-Tension there really was no point in going back to X: BTF, and the same principle can be applied to every iteration of the series: the latest is the greatest in terms of features. Each game in the series is rendered redundant by the next. Ok, the storylines are different in X: BTF, X2 and X3 (X-Tension is pure sandbox) but storytelling isn't the series' strong point - the X games are all about sandbox play.

I shelved the game for 1 BUG.
I can't save any game.
Is there a way to do it?

I start the game, play the first mission, land on a station, save the game and.....
When I try to reload or quit and restart the game, there's no save game to load.

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Any hint about where to start to play?

Gragnak: I think your save games might be there, you're just not seeing them....

And forgive me if I'm totally wrong, 'cause if I am, this solution will probably insult you due to its simplicity :embarrassed:...

There are a certain number of save slots, and they fill up from bottom to top. The first several saves you make will not show up on screen, you have to scroll down to get them. The scroll feature does not support joystick or mouse wheel control. You can scroll down using your keyboard arrow keys. Once you get to the bottom of the slot list you will probably see your games there. Select one by pressing 'enter'.

If that isn't the problem then I don't know what to tell you..
Oh, you could check your My Docs folder to make sure there is a folder in there labeled 'Egosoft'. That's where the save games and screenshots are kept.

I'm not the one to ask regarding play strategy. I've been so busy I haven't had time to turn on the game in several days. Probably your best option is to visit here:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=162408

Hope this helps!

No problem.
Thanks for your help.
I play with the mouse but dodn't look to the bottom of the save game menu.
Perhaps you are right and I could have better searched the solution.

Tonight I'll try (now I'm at office).

Back
Top Bottom