Inquisitor - More Beta Details

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It just seems like I've been hearing about it almost as long as Grimoire. :)

That's an exaggeration of course, but I seriously didn't think it would ever get released in English.

After all these years, the waiting is almost over. More than ten years in the making - it sounds old and yet obviously its new (to English gamers)

I wonder how it will be distributed, i prefer GOG to Steam.

It just seems like I've been hearing about it almost as long as Grimoire. :)

To be fair the Inquisitor folks never talked about making babies fly or omega testing in my memory, so that's something already.

Ever read Terry Goodkind's books? Avoid them Thrasher. I'm not into the torture stuff either. Of course, I'm old fashioned. I think body piercings and tattoos are a form of self torture, but millions would disagree ;)

My ancestors would pierce our cattle/slaves and give them tattoos (branding) to show ownership, so I don't get people who would willingly do that to themselves. Still, different customs for different folks :) My younger cousins and nieces/nephews almost all have some type of marking.

Hmm haven't read his books. Thanks for the heads up! Self-chosen body piercing and tattoos don't bother me though. I just can't enjoy a game where the gameplay consists of the player torturing others.

Doesn't bother me allows me to play as a evil npc would in real life. I loved being able to destroy Megaton in fallout 3.

Playing the knight in shining armor gets boring and repetitive in every rpg.

I don't think torture is such a bad thing in a game, in 'Inquisitor' it can effect reputation (alignment) - so some discretion is needed in its use.

quote:--->

"in connection with torture a notice has to be given—even though the inquisitorial law allows it as a regular way of obtaining a testimony or a confession you should approach its usage cautiously because no one can ever know if a character being questioned is really guilty, and to torture an innocent can socially harm the main character deeply. Moreover, every torture (whether of a guilty or an innocent character) worsens the main character’s alignment. That is why you should always try to avoid the torture by obtaining a needed evidence in another way—but that is not possible in all cases"

This is about torture, not being bad, per se.

Well if you were a power hungry megalomaniac torture would be something you would justify and enforce. I see at as a Role play choice.

Based on the game though I don't think you will. If you play as a cleric maybe as church priests and some hired help did the torturing in the Inquisition.

It's just a game. In your career how many NPC's have you gleefully vaporized, torched, doused with acid, cursed, beheaded, poisoned, stabbed, bludgeoned or banished to a plane of hell?

It's not choice I'm interested in making.
Sounds like your mind isn't made up yet.
Don't you mean, "I'd never torture anyone! I'll be playing the whole game without it."
Of course you don't!
You're probably just afraid of being asked the question and finding you want to torture people more than anything else in the world! :)

I'm very much looking forward to torturing folks in this game. I had a character an an MMO back in the day named Torquemada. :cool:

I just find it distasteful. Well to each his own. I do admit to doing it in Skyrim. I think those of you who have played it know what I am referring to.

It's a fantasy. That said, the game would have to be engaging and I'd have to see the context before calling it this or that.

Sometimes, it can be a great teacher to witness the horror of something. Like some of the best war movies are those that depict violence with maximum realism - like Saving Private Ryan. I remember feeling sick to my stomach in the theater during the beach landing - and that's exactly what I think is the appropriate response to that level of human travesty.

Back
Top Bottom