E.Y.E. - Combat Trailer

Looks promising but when I went on the Faq page this came up:

"The saving system is, it is true, particular. It can be annoying."

We think it requires a bit of practice and not a short period to judge it, because once again it is inspired of what Diablo 2 did, for example.

It saves when you quit the game, when you fail, when you finish a mission, and it always saves for security.

So, you quit the game during a mission, for example. You'll resume again when you were in the mission, but physically you will be at your last deployment point.
This system has been chosen for immersion. When the player quits the game, it is as if the character returns at the base, at the temple, so it wouldn't be normal if he reconnected at the same place and time he was when he departed.

So as of now the game is a wait and see for me and not a day one purchase.

meh on the save system.

That save system is a very bad idea that will only be an annoyance. I think that save systems are one of the only areas where developers should just stick to the tried and true methods that are proven to work. With this system, it will be incredibly annoying to have to backtrack every time you need to exit the game, and it doesn't add anything to the immersion; if anything, it takes away from that aspect because it makes more sense to pick up where your character left off, as if you had never left the game world.

While I am disappointed in this decision, it's certainly not a deal-breaker for me. It looks like the rest of the design decisions will make up for this annoying feature.

Ah, I hated that. It destroyed Diablo 2 for me and I never bothered finishing it. I also found the first half of the video pretty empty, so while I'm interested, I'm skeptical.

The visuals look quite dated for a 2011 title, imo.

Still, the setting seems interesting enough, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one. (no pun intended).

Back
Top Bottom