Gta v

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Rockstar has a trailer for GTA V coming on 11/02. Is it too much to hope for it to be more like San Andreas and less like GTA IV? That and simultaneous release of GTA V for the PC and console? And maybe, just maybe, a working PC version of it when it's released?

Naaahhhh, who am I kidding? It'll be over a year after the initial release before we have an actual playable version of GTA V.

Oh well. I still haven't finished GTA IV, maybe it's about time I did those last few quests in the game.

I haven't finished that too (my Xbox got broken a couple of years ago xD), but I don't care... I just want Vice City 2 (the best GTA imho).

Hopefully it won't come out until the next generation of consoles.

YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAA!!!! CALIFORNIA!!!!! The best thing about San Andreas (and actually living in California) was the variety of landscapes. There's a saying my dad used to tell me, "You can go surfing in the morning, snow skiing at noon and then be back home all in one day." That right there is why San Andreas was beautiful and I can't wait for this one now.

Looks interesting. I'm hoping that it will be more like San Andreas as well, I liked that a lot better then GTA IV. If nothing else I just really hope there's much less focus on being a cover based shooter. The best (and hardest) missions in GTA were always driving missions, not shooting ones.

Actually, I want a cyberpunk GTA with strong RPG features and ninja motorcycles.

I have to say this trailer looks really tempting, I haven't played any of the GTA games aside from 1 though, but it might be time to try agian.

I just want a GTA (or RDR) that is more than an over-glorified tech demo with absolutely no substance ;).

Personally I've enjoyed much more RDR than GTA IV because of the setting (which I simply adore) and the main plot (finally a nice ending btw :)), but I can see your point Nerevarine.

Anyway, finally I'll be back in California :) can't wait!!

Personally I've enjoyed much more RDR than GTA IV because of the setting (which I simply adore) and the main plot (finally a nice ending btw :)), but I can see your point Nerevarine.

I also enjoyed RDR's setting quite a bit (I've always wanted an open world western-themed game), so at least there was that! Unfortunately (for me) I just felt like the world was really empty beyond the surface, with nothing meaningful to find while exploring the vast game world - just like the GTA series, unfortunately. In short, I feel that GTA and RDR have amazing game worlds - without a game in them ;)
I guess open-world RPGs, with all their depth, meaningful content, and superb exploration ruined the GTA-like experience for me.

I would have wanted them to go back in time and go to the 60s or the 70s. That would have been grand! Late 60s, early 70s would have been my choice. Good music, good cars, etc. Sex, drugs and rock n' roll, baby! Grooveeh! ;)

They already did an 80s one, so why not go further back? There was an expansion (or somefink) for GTA1 (or 2?) way back when, which took place in the late 60s or threabouts, but that's from pre-GTA3 era so they don't count. Hmm, didn't GTA2 take place in the future? I have vague memories of playing that back in the nineties.

Oh well, maybe I should finish my GTA4 playthrough someday (about 3/4 done). Almost had more fun listening to Iggy Pop as a DJ in the game and the music on his radio channel, than actually playing the game… well, not really, but it's a good channel (and Juliette Lewis' indie channel is OK too). Come to think of it, quite a bit of my enjoyment of the game was due to the radio channels - funny that.

I have to say this trailer looks really tempting, I haven't played any of the GTA games aside from 1 though, but it might be time to try agian.

You might want to try out San Andreas. It's the best, imo, out of the bunch. Huge world to play around in, rpg stats (that everyone moans about), the stories ok, but the real meat and potatoes of that game is the freedom and there are a ton of things to do in it. Want to have a bicycle race down a mountain, well they have that. Want to fly an proppellar airplain? They have that, jets check, boats check, cars of course, motorcycles, huge areas to explore and they are all in different regions. Some are in the woods, some on the beach, some in the city and some in the mountains.

This is the first GTA I ever played and it hooked me for the rest of my life. The amount of things you can do in these games is amazing. They have races, challenges, main story, gang warfare where you have to protect your turf.

That's just the normal stuff. They also have some sci-fi stuff like a jet pack. I didn't like it though. Seemed too much like cheating and it got rod of the whole point of driving around. I loved driving.

Some of the challenges include stealing an ambulance and you have to pick up a certain amount of people within a given time frame to complete it. You get some kind of reward for completing this. Hop in a taxi and start taking people around town if you are low on cash. Being chased by the cops then get your car repainted and they'll forget about you.

It's the best GTA out of them all. I played GTA Vice City and GTA 3 after I played San Andreas. Man that was a mistake. San Andreas is ten times better than both of those games.

You might want to try out San Andreas. It's the best, imo, out of the bunch. Huge world to play around in, rpg stats (that everyone moans about), the stories ok, but the real meat and potatoes of that game is the freedom and there are a ton of things to do in it. Want to have a bicycle race down a mountain, well they have that. Want to fly an proppellar airplain? They have that, jets check, boats check, cars of course, motorcycles, huge areas to explore and they are all in different regions. Some are in the woods, some on the beach, some in the city and some in the mountains.

This is the first GTA I ever played and it hooked me for the rest of my life. The amount of things you can do in these games is amazing. They have races, challenges, main story, gang warfare where you have to protect your turf.

That's just the normal stuff. They also have some sci-fi stuff like a jet pack. I didn't like it though. Seemed too much like cheating and it got rod of the whole point of driving around. I loved driving.

Some of the challenges include stealing an ambulance and you have to pick up a certain amount of people within a given time frame to complete it. You get some kind of reward for completing this. Hop in a taxi and start taking people around town if you are low on cash. Being chased by the cops then get your car repainted and they'll forget about you.

It's the best GTA out of them all. I played GTA Vice City and GTA 3 after I played San Andreas. Man that was a mistake. San Andreas is ten times better than both of those games.

I played an awful lot of San Andreas and it is probably my favorite too. I never beat the game because I couldn't get past that stupid mission where you control a remote controlled helicopter and have to gun down three vehicles. I would come oh so close and then something would happen. It was impossible to control that thing and the frustration eventually wore me down. Come to think of it, I have never beaten a GTA game…came within a couple missions on GTA IV but lost interest. Well, I take that back, I beat the Lost and the Damned add-on. Maybe I will revisit SA one day on the PC and have more luck with the controls (I thought GTA IV played ten times better on a PC than on Xbox - and, on a side note, I really found a deep appreciation for just how varied the city is in that game as well). Anyway, it was a lot of fun and there were tons of things to do in San Andreas. I hope GTA V comes to PC (as well as Red Dead Redemption some day!), because I have completely given up on consoles and Rockstar has made some of my favorite non-RPG games (although San Andreas did have some RPG elements).

That remote control airplane mission was a nightmare. I must have tried it 30+ times before I was able to complete it. At the end of the day though, it's the brutal missions like that which make me really remember the game. Though that one may have been going a bit too far.

I kind of liked the RPG stats in San Andreas. I always thought it was surprising that while every other game is moving more towards RPG stats, GTA IV moved away from them.

I played an awful lot of San Andreas and it is probably my favorite too. I never beat the game because I couldn't get past that stupid mission where you control a remote controlled helicopter and have to gun down three vehicles. I would come oh so close and then something would happen. It was impossible to control that thing and the frustration eventually wore me down. Come to think of it, I have never beaten a GTA game…came within a couple missions on GTA IV but lost interest. Well, I take that back, I beat the Lost and the Damned add-on. Maybe I will revisit SA one day on the PC and have more luck with the controls (I thought GTA IV played ten times better on a PC than on Xbox - and, on a side note, I really found a deep appreciation for just how varied the city is in that game as well). Anyway, it was a lot of fun and there were tons of things to do in San Andreas. I hope GTA V comes to PC (as well as Red Dead Redemption some day!), because I have completely given up on consoles and Rockstar has made some of my favorite non-RPG games (although San Andreas did have some RPG elements).

Oh man that remote control mission was a killer. When I finally won I nearly jumped out of my chair.

I recall two remote control missions that were a pain. One with an airplane and the other with a helicopter where you went into a building. The helicopter was much easier. Once you learned the floor plan by dying a few times then it became no problem.

Man, you need to beat that mission. The world opens up when you do and you get to VEGAS!!! Don't play roulette though. It'll ruin the game if you have an endless supply of money. The next time I play, I'll never touch those gambling areas. They were cool the first time, but a game breaker. I like to struggle throughout the game. Without a challenge then it gets too boring.

BTW, there are many texture graphic packs that make San Andreas look so much better. I don't have the links right now (I'm at work), but I believe one that was impressive is called ENB or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom