NWN2 MotB: Warning -- Ice Troll Lodge initiation quest(s) bugged...

Neverwinter Nights 2

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO
I went into the trial by combat, faced Forovan, lost. Result: I was restored to full HP, but I'm still in the ring; if I leave it, I get magically teleported back into it. I can't enter into conversation with anyone, and I can't fight Forovan again. Only solution appears to be to reload an old save.

Frotzed around a bit more and found another bugged Ice Troll Lodge initiation quest. Take the Test of Endurance at near-zero hit points. You'll end up lying down on the floor "in limbo" -- can't get up, can't talk to anyone, can't do a damn thing other than load from a save.

I encountered another one of these have-to-reload bugs on my first day of playing - if you defeat Okku and the main character dies roughly at the same time, the conversation will never start (even if the others are alive), and even though you can talk to him after you get back up, you still won't get the spirit eater curse, and you will not be able to progress the game.

And I encountered the immortality bug again -- fortunately it appears to clear up after leaving the level.

That is, suddenly and for no obvious reason it's impossible to get the PC's HP below 1. I was getting Moulinetted by a bunch of death knights and elite vamps delivering easily a couple of hundred HP per round, and just pleaded "Somebody heal me, m'kay?" from time to time. Happened in the VotDG, lower level.

I did the endurance test and after it, got none of my gear back!! VERY buggy section; avoid till fixed!!

Something very strange happened. After I passed all the initiation tests successfully I went for the next endurance test, and failed miserably two times in a row (I wouldn't mind, but redestributing my equipment again and again is not the most pleasurable thing to do in the game), after which my companions decided to kill Yulia or whatever her name was.

Back
Top Bottom