Eschalon: Book 1 - November 19th Release Date

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Basilisk has set a release date for the Windows version of their indie CRPG, Eschalon: Book 1 -
Basilisk Games sets a Release Date for Eschalon: Book I.
We are pleased to announce that November 19, 2007 is the official release date for the Windows version of Eschalon: Book I. More information on the Macintosh version will be available after the Windows version ships, and a Linux version is scheduled for 1Q 2008.
About Eschalon: Book I:
Eschalon: Book I is the start of an epic trilogy of old-school computer RPGs created in the spirit of the great role-playing games of the past. The game will take players across massive outdoor environments and deep into dozens of sprawling dungeons as you seek to uncover the mystery of who they are.
More information.

May this live up to very high hopes...

I know I'm not alone in my salivations... this game; the screenshots, the FAQ, the developer comments... it really does look like the Crpg I've always wanted to play... a true heir to the great turn-based games of the past... a return to the story and strategy so fondly remembered...

it finally, finally sounds like somebody gets it...

Good luck Basilisk... make a great demo!

Peace

No pressure there! :lol: Seriously, there is no way one game can meet everyone's expectations, but I believe the beta testers are genuinely enjoying it and I feel we have met our design goals of making a true old-school RPG. The amount of strategy that is present in the game still surprises me sometimes when a tester tells me a story about how they finished this quest or got themselves out of that sticky situation. The game really rewards players who knows how to maximize their character's skills.

Thank you everyone for your interest! Your excitement for the game has definitely kept us going.

Last edited:
I would like to also add a comment here that I am excited about this game. It looks good from what I've seen.

Nov 19! w00t - I didn't know it was so close.

Can we expect this game in stores or will it have to be ordered or dloaded Bas?

I would also like a boxed version with handbook, a map maybe...

Had a quick look at the web site. There is access to a streaming trailer which reminds me of the IWD one that I saw many moons ago.

Clearly marked, but not running, is the buy option on the site though it doesn't say whether you can get a CD or whether it's just electronic.

Can't see anything in the forums about buying in the shops but they do talk about a demo and again the site has been setup to download the demo once they decide to release it.

Looks interesting.

One way or another, I'll be clearing the decks for Eschalon on 19NOV. What are your distribution plans, BW? If you noticed our poll, we likes our boxes 'round here.

And while we're at it, are you guys over in Intech Park? If so, I'll swing by to purchase my signed copy next time I have to cut the grass at the old house (71st and Georgetown roughly). ;)

Wow, this game looks like its going to be a treat. I checked out the screenshots and it reminds me of Ultima 7 a LOT (except for the TB combat, of course).

Definitely going to be purchasing this when it comes out.

It'll be a digital download with an option to have a CD version shipped to you.

71st and Georgetown eh? I think I almost bought a house in your neighborhood. It might have even been yours I looked at!

No, we're not in Intech Park (though I recently looked at office space there). Basilisk Games currently exists as a virtual company with everyone involved collaborating remotely. I do most of my work from a studio within my house. :)

Aaah! The Witcher... Eschalon...Witcher... Eschalon. Overload. :p

Joking aside, it sounds great, and I personally can't wait.

Definitely looking forward to this one as well! Great milestone!

Will certainly try the demo.

Just curious, how does it compare to a game like... Baldur's Gate or TOEE?

Does anyone realize that this is only about two weeks from now! I can't wait :)

On a more serious note, given that I've been excited for this game for a very long time I just hope that it will be a wonderful game. If it manages to live up to my expectations (to be fair, they sky-rocketed right from the start) would mean that there certainly is something wrong with the universe :cm:

It's definitely on my list. I just wonder when I'll have time to play it. Why do we get a glut of games after a long drought!! :)

I would also like a boxed version with handbook, a map maybe...

So would I! This game's been on my list for a while!
I want it in a box and with as much goodies as Basilisk can provide us with.

Thank you very much!

*drools over himself thinking about the countless hours he'll be playing the game...*

It's very inconsiderate of them isn't it Corwin :biggrin:. I'll get it, I just need a couple of months to catch up to it.

Been looking forward to this for a while, but I hadn't seen the trailer before at the site. I must say it looks surprisingly slick in the animations and general presentation, more than I was expecting.

Back
Top Bottom