Puzzle Quest 2 - Developer Bought, iPad Review

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Puzzle Quest and Warlords series developer Infinite Interactive has been bought by Firemint, developers of Flight Control. Seems it should have been the other way around to me, because you'd imagine Puzzle Quest has been ridiculously successful - but there you go. Studio head Steve Faulkner and team will stay and are working on the same game as before the acquisition. Details at GameSpot.
While we're on the subject, Mike Anderson has penned a review of Puzzle Quest 2 for the iPad at Gear Diary.
More information.

I think you're misunderstanding how popular Flight Control actually was. In short, it definitely made the developers millionaires.

But Puzzle Quest has been wildly successful as well. I have no idea which made more money. Probably PQ on all platforms combined, though.

You're probably right - I'd never heard of it before seeing it on a Steam sale. Not really my thing, so I didn't think about it. Still, surely Puzzle Quest was wildly popular...Flight Control looked like a 2-man team indie or something and I was surprised they bought II. Clearly I'm out of touch. :)

hopefully the game that I2 is working on is either warlords 5 or warlords battlecry 4.

You're probably right - I'd never heard of it before seeing it on a Steam sale. Not really my thing, so I didn't think about it. Still, surely Puzzle Quest was wildly popular…Flight Control looked like a 2-man team indie or something and I was surprised they bought II. Clearly I'm out of touch. :)

Obviously, you are a man of caverns living in the past and not seeing the jet planes in the sky. Well I don't think there's any jet in Flight Control. :)

But Firemint didn't only developed Air Control, it's their first game, made a ton of money with it and used the money to make a game with a much bigger production cost (even if quite lower than any A game on PC), a car racing game, Real Racing and bingo another sale success, then few month ago they released Real Racing 2, and a third sale success in chain.

For the quote Real Racing 2 is in top ten grossing game (I mean top based on income not on number of sells) in my country App store since its release.

EDIT: And I don't think there's any Australia game developer/publisher in top 100 PC games in my country. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom