Gothic 3 King Rhobar II is missing!

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch
Hi,

I am at the final cross-roads in Gothic 3 to make a decision between the gods and Xardas, and in some/most of these paths king Rhobar needs special attention. I have the teleport stone to Venguard long ago, but the king is missing! I have looked everywhere for him in Venguard without luck. I even killed everyone in Venguard trying to lure him out without luck! Is he hiding somewhere or is this is a bug?

I would appreciate your help if you have encountered such problem.

Thanks

Hmm, he's supposed to be near the throne in the big castle with all the Paladins. I've never experienced him being anywhere else. Did you ever give a teleport rune to Lee? I know Lee will attack the King if they ever meet, so I suppose they could have charged off somewhere while fighting.

Other than that, the only real option is to summon him or the item you're looking for with a console command. I think he holds the Scepter of Varant or some such thing which is needed for the main quest. Based on this page (http://faqs.ign.com/articles/768/768307p1.html), I assume the correct command is:

spawn It_Scepter

Thanks for your reply Maylander:

Hmm, he's supposed to be near the throne in the big castle with all the Paladins. I've never experienced him being anywhere else. Did you ever give a teleport rune to Lee? I know Lee will attack the King if they ever meet, so I suppose they could have charged off somewhere while fighting.

I have looked verywhere in the castle and surrounding area - the king is nowhere to be found. I even brought Lee with me and took him around the castle on the hope that he will find the king and kill him - no luck either.

Other than that, the only real option is to summon him or the item you're looking for with a console command. I think he holds the Scepter of Varant or some such thing which is needed for the main quest. Based on this page (http://faqs.ign.com/articles/768/768307p1.html), I assume the correct command is:

spawn It_Scepter

I have a sceptor which is one of Adanos artifacts, but I need to do away with the king for his alignment with one of the gods. I will try the 'spawn' command to bring back the king! Thanks again for your reply.

For anyone having this problem, I found the solution on the Internet as it seems that this is a common bug. Here is what you can do:

1) set TestMode = true in ge3.ini outside of game (to enable the console)
2) enable console in game: press '~' button
3) type:
goto Rhobar
on the console command line. This will take you to king Rhobar which, for some reason, is within the shield dome above Vanguard.

4) Once you see him, use the 'goto' command again to quickly go back to ground (as your health will be going down since you are in the shield dome). For example you can type:
goto Vandorn
which is the merchant just outside the Vanguard castle

When you enter the castle, you will find the (misrable) king sitting on his throne.

I hope this helps.

I had this bug as well. Rhobar was at the bottom of the shield dome (which is a sphere), underneath the castle. Some of his paladins were stuck there with him.

Killing him yourself is probably quite difficult with all the mages and paladins around, all those casters might fry you.

i might be wrong but i sware i had this bug too on release, one of the very few i had as i finished the game without even installing the patch that came out after a few weeks of release which "nerfed" the nordmar experience later by making it far less deadly--which is still probably my favourite gaming "region" experience to date.

I had this bug as well. Rhobar was at the bottom of the shield dome (which is a sphere), underneath the castle. Some of his paladins were stuck there with him.

Killing him yourself is probably quite difficult with all the mages and paladins around, all those casters might fry you.

Thank you for the correction - when I was with Rhobar in the shield it was difficult to determine if I was above or below the castle.

As for killing the king and his mob, well I was at level 70, dual wielding magic ore crafted El Bastardo swords, aligned with Beliar and was able to summon a dead horde of skeletons and zombies - need I say more!

i might be wrong but i sware i had this bug too on release, one of the very few i had as i finished the game without even installing the patch that came out after a few weeks of release which "nerfed" the nordmar experience later by making it far less deadly—which is still probably my favourite gaming "region" experience to date.

Nordmar was my final region to concur and it was a tough region and a maze (finding those smiths and smelters was really a pain in the back) - glad that I left it till the end.

I preferred Varant myself. Finding people outside the clan villages could be a pain.

As for killing the king and his mob, well I was at level 70, dual wielding magic ore crafted El Bastardo swords, aligned with Beliar and was able to summon a dead horde of skeletons and zombies - need I say more!

I had Lee do the dirty deed for me, the guards dont care if he duels the king, and he'll win eventually as long as you keep healing him:p

Back
Top Bottom