The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Hate running them without you.....just don't feel right. I guess we could run our mids, then do the high's to get JM up to 20, then do the TR's. Or some arrangement of that mess. Then we would not be pushing Alrik to stay up every week. We get JM her levels and give Az time to catch up during the week from whatever we do on Friday.

I will be going down to Ky sometime around the end of April or start of May for a few weeks if not more. That is all still up in the air atm. RL can suck sometimes.......:cm:

I could ask Trev if he will be available, but I can't guarantee it till I ask. Not sure if he has anyone at the appropriate level since he hasn't had time to play for the past few weeks.

I propose we play the level 11's on the Friday sessions so they don't stop progressing. The mid levels we can play in the other week days when some of us meet up.

If several of us don't show for the Friday session then we can use the mid or high levels instead. E. g. we can help getting the level 18-19 to level 20.

All artificers and wizards need to hit the guild chest and clear out the scrolls. Sell off what isn't needed. It's getting ridiculous in there.

I agree. Especially the Arti scrolls.

My level 6 Wizard would love to take those scrolls, but transferring them is cost-intensive the higher the levels of the spells of the scrolls are. The inscribing stuff just gets expensive, even though I've began mailing him money from my ranger every now and then.
But still I believe that putting "rare" scrolls into the chest is a good idea. There's a special list of rares in the DDO Wiki.

Edit : Purely out of practical reasons I propose that everyone please tries to look into the guild chest at least once per week. Perhaps even prior to the Friday Sessions.

This way we could get those items moving around faster.

And, by the way, do we really have "lawful" characters/toon in the guild ? Because those lawful aligned weapons usually linger in the chest for the longest time.

I think we have 2 of this weapon in the chest right now : http://ddowiki.com/page/Dynastic_Falcata

Typically, only Monk or Paladin builds go Lawful. All others go True Neutral or Chaotic Neutral. This is because in DDO, there's no role playing based on alignment, and going lawful increases the damage you take in certain areas. Same reason you rarely see good aligned characters.

I usually go Chaotic Neutral, partially because I'm insane, and mostly because that alignment has the least amount of damage incoming during the regular game.

Last edited:
Typically, only Monk or Paladin builds go Lawful. All others go True Neutral or Chaotic Neutral. This is because in DDO, there's no role playing based on alignment, and going lawful increases the damage you take in certain areas. Same reason you rarely see good aligned characters.
I did not know about the damage issues. Most of my characters are neutral good. Have to work on that as they TR. Learn something new every day, I guess...

I have never seen names being worthwhile to remember in the forums or within the game (although a few were close), but these names have kind of impressed me (they're from a forums' signature) :

Incarnation and Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Smuglewugins | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
Ghalanda ~ Feldspathic Greywacke

Yep, there are plenty of critters doing "evil" typed damage, such as Unholy or Pure Evil effects on their weapons. To top it off, some of the best melee gear, such as the Litany of the Dead, Marilith Chain, or Chaos Blade all are evil tainted or true chaos, giving negative levels to lawful or good characters. It's part of the reason Paladins are on the bottom rung in comparison to other classes in game. They not only have lower hitpoints and poorer to-hit scores, and significantly lower damage output compared to other melees, they can't even wear the best melee gear without being hit with multiple negative levels.

Lawful isn't as much of an issue, since there's not as much chaotic damage flying around like evil. Monks are helped further by the fact that they can't use most of the good melee gear anyway, so are largely unaffected by the negative levels. Plus they're not really gear bound like most melee, getting their main damage from class abilities and not weapons.

I usually go Chaotic for the absolute minimum damage from alignment based effects. Lawful damage is exceedingly rare, I can only think of a couple of places where casters cast Order's Wrath at you. Finally, I can use True Chaos weapons without issue, and there are a LOT of lawful enemies, even if not a lot of lawful damage coming in.

Mureall is now 11, and is wearing the Sora Kell set (not upgraded). Still have to rerun Shadow Crypt for my Silver Flame necklace upgrade to deathblock. Just don't want to reflag for it. :p I did buy a Deathblock robe, but that takes away my heavy fort robe. Not much more gear to grab, actually. I'll want a Con6/GFL belt from Shavarath, and a smiting/CGB wrap, upgrade the Sora Kell set, and a Resistance 5 cloak. At 13 I'll be using a Resistance 4 cloak at least.

@Alrik: My personal favorite remains, "Fuzzy Bunny Slippers Guild".

I think I've seen a guild called "I'm in no guild" or so. ;)

Someone within the DDO chat just said that there was a "free Artificer trial" going on right now - is this a joke or serious ? Does anyone of you know anything about it ? Or is this spam ?

Another one said that one wouldn't be able to re-load the newly created Artificer after the trial period had ended - until this class was bought.

I'm undecided. Part of me wants that to be true, another part of me believes that this is scam/spam (as like in the forums here : One writes something, another one replies to it, but both basically do advertisement for the same thing, only in dialog form).

Unrelated :

- Lammannia party : They are doing events plus the possibility to win Turbine Points because they want to have as many players there as possible, because they want to monitor player behaviour because o an upgraded engine, sort of (noew THAt was a complicated sentence ! ;) ). http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=368701 - Points will be for Lammannia only, if I understand this right.

The Updates more specifically (direct link) : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4401704&postcount=6

Dev's Talk : Auto-Grouping (it's one of the new features of the Expansion) : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=368684

Okay, here's the facts : I have found out that you indeed can create an Artificer.

However, beyond that, there is nothing. You can't play that character, unless you buy him or her.

But merely creating one is possible, yes. And the dialog box indeed says something of a "free trial" that merely consists of character creation.

Trev will be available to play with us for the next few weeks at least in our Friday night game and he has toons at the appropriate level. That should solve the problem of replacing Az while he has work commitments.

Not sure, we'll work it out on the day; probably his Ranger.

Back
Top Bottom