Two Worlds II - Release Date Confusion

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The last official press release for Two Worlds II listed release dates of Sept 14 and 17, though recent interviews with Southpeak have mentioned October 5th. Both Eurogamer and Joystiq have followed this up, with Eurogamer getting a "TBC" for Europe and Joystiq receiving confirmation of October 5th for NA.
More information.

I dont know what all the confusion is. The different sites I check have always had a North Anerica release of October 5th. Even Amazon had it listed as 10/5, which is where I'm getting it from...

European shops have had it listed as the 17th.

Yep, Two Worlds on the 5th. Gothic 4 on the 12th. Fallout: New Vegas on the 19th.

Also, October 1st is Finally-admit-you-aren't-going-to-play-that-and-uninstall-it day. Kinda like spring cleaning for geeks.

Let us not forget Fable III on the 26th. Yep, there's an RPG being released every week in October. Oddly enough, I expect to be playing one of the Avernum games instead -- I picked up the first trilogy and am now partway through the second game. Happy retro goodness. I can probably stay in that groove well through Christmas, and for a heck of a lot less money.

yea, unlike most gamers I liked the over the top use of old English in Two Worlds, for me it was charming like the heavy basic color palates in the Might and Magic games. Corny but it worked for me.

As far as Oct 1 spring cleaning - never. That is typically taken care of when the hard drive fails - they always do.

As far as those other games, Arcadia will have to wait until I get a better rig. And Fallout looks like the game I go to after Two Worlds. Fable ain't happening in my play book.

All Norwegian shops has listed an Oct 8 release for quite a while. No idea what the fuzz is all about.

Doesn't matter for me, I won't be playing this until late November, or December at the earliest. FO:NV is gonna be my priority next month, and then I want to go back and finish Two Worlds before playing TW2.

The official release date is 21 october, according to their twitter, so yeah 21st it is :) Good that they're not rushing it..

Like always i'll be waiting like a year before i play it i bet hehe

FO:NV is gonna be my priority next month.

Same here. I was going to get TW2, but that was based on it releasing early, and now I'm going to jump to New Vegas. I'm curious and cautiously hopeful about Obsidian's involvement in the game.

Yep, Two Worlds on the 5th. Gothic 4 on the 12th. Fallout: New Vegas on the 19th.

Also, October 1st is Finally-admit-you-aren't-going-to-play-that-and-uninstall-it day. Kinda like spring cleaning for geeks.

"America and Australia the Publisher is SouthPeak. And SouthPeak has not finally decided about their release date. Technically a release date before October 21st is not possible."

Now, I am being affected by this... I got this off the website and it's news to me. I've been looking forward to the NA October 5th release, and now its technically not technically possible??? They would be better off getting it out now rather than releasing it around the same time as Fallout, Arcania, and Fable.

Unless you have a few terabyte drives. ;)

Here's the statement I'm referring to.

EDIT: I see it's the exact same thing as linked to above, sorry. But now you can read it without leaving ;)

Souhtpeak has issued the following statement:

There have been numerous posts recently regarding the release date of Two Worlds II. First of all, it’s gratifying to see that so many people care so much about the game and we thank you for your enthusiasm and passion. It’s definitely a game that we’re proud to publish; Reality Pump is on the verge of delivering a benchmark RPG experience.

Here’s the vital news: Two Worlds II is set for a January release in North America. We understand that this is not great news for those of you eager for an October release and we can understand that you might feel that our European cousins’ potentially getting the game before you is frustrating to say the least. However, there’s a reason for everything and although we feel that the game is truly at ‘AAA’ level, that reason is that we want Two Worlds II to be absolutely flawless when it launches in the North American market. Although we could bring the game to market earlier in order to take advantage of the holiday buying season, we felt that we would do a better service to you by making sure that the game you want is absolutely as it should be. It’s vital to us that we always give you the best possible information and this is the reason that we haven’t commented on the date before now; we did not want to say something to you, only to have that information change once again. Now, we are in a position to confirm the January release date.

For those that have said that they will torrent or import the game because they simply cannot wait, there’s nothing that we can do to stop you. However, please remember that by pirating the game, you are hurting those who worked hard to make the game for you, reducing the chance of another game in the future. By importing the game, you’re paying more money for something that if you can wait, you’ll be able to buy in January at a cheaper price and that will have benefitted from heavyweight Quality Assurance (QA) for the North American market.

We’ll have a further update for our friends in the UK, Australia and New Zealand in the near future.

We are continually grateful for your understanding, patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

The SouthPeak Team

Note that the release date for UK, Australia, and NZ is still to be determined.

Back
Top Bottom