DraSa: TRoT - PS - Released on Steam, Impulse and D2D

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Drakensang fans will be pleased to hear the Drakensang: River of Time expansion Phileasson's Secret has been quietly released through most of the major digital channels for NA. Steam, Impulse and Direct2Drive have the game for $9.99. It's North America only, which means it doesn't even show up for me, so that's all I can tell you.
Thanks to Capt. Huggy Face and GameBanshee for writing in.
More information.

any news on whether this might come out in the UK? I really enjoyed the Drakensang games

I guess in a couple of days I'll be busy playing the witcher 2 anyway :)

Arg so my localized box version of RoT? Just need throw it to trashcan?

EDIT: In Steam not available for my region. Mmm this let few hope of a localized version.

not available for me on any of those

It's Canada and US for Impulse and - I think - Steam. Direct2Drive adds Mexico. So yeah, not available outside of those...

any news on whether this might come out in the UK? I really enjoyed the Drakensang games

TRoT isn't even out in the UK yet right? All the digitally available copies are NA only and the retail version was Benelux only?

As for news....we actually sent a mail off to the publisher to check whether or not Phileasson's was coming out the 13th. They couldn't even be bothered to reply, let alone send out a press release. This might be the messiest release I've ever seen.

So...I wouldn't hold my breath for news. I hope they sane up and just make the digital version available worldwide but no hints to that.

My preorder from Gamersgate US doesn't unlock until Monday, though the Steam US version says it's downloadable now. I would cancel and switch but don't seem to be able to :(

Oh actually, I suppose I could pick up the Steam version and gift my GamerGate version to someone whose country don't have it...

It's Canada and US for Impulse and - I think - Steam. Direct2Drive adds Mexico. So yeah, not available outside of those…

TRoT isn't even out in the UK yet right? All the digitally available copies are NA only and the retail version was Benelux only?

As for news….we actually sent a mail off to the publisher to check whether or not Phileasson's was coming out the 13th. They couldn't even be bothered to reply, let alone send out a press release. This might be the messiest release I've ever seen.

So…I wouldn't hold my breath for news. I hope they sane up and just make the digital version available worldwide but no hints to that.

The boxed version is out in the UK - you can get it from Amazon etc.. Don't know if it's out on digital distribution for the UK anywhere though

The boxed version is out in the UK - you can get it from Amazon etc.. Don't know if it's out on digital distribution for the UK anywhere though

Awesome. About time they put the retail in the UK, it was ridiculous to have an English localization with English manual only in the Benelux.

Still, I haven't seen hints of a retail version of Phileasson's for Benelux/UK, since they're not available in digital download for either. Wait and see till they smart up, I guess.

After two years its finally released in NA. I swear DTP is one of the worst publishers when it comes to the international market. No replies and to many excuses.

Last edited:
Awesome. About time they put the retail in the UK, it was ridiculous to have an English localization with English manual only in the Benelux.

Still, I haven't seen hints of a retail version of Phileasson's for Benelux/UK, since they're not available in digital download for either. Wait and see till they smart up, I guess.

To be honest I don't know if its actually 'officially realeased in the UK' or if there's just a load of places that have imported it. Regardless its easy to get hold of a boxed copy :)

Just got a boxed version of RoT via Amazon uk. It was also quite cheap. £9.99 if I recall correctly.

Enjoy! It's one of the best cRPGs of the past five years.

After two years its finally released in NA. I swear DTP is one of the worst publishers when it comes to the international market. No replies and to many excuses.

What? Two years? It's a brand new expansion for River Of Time and that came out in January.

What? Two years? It's a brand new expansion for River Of Time and that came out in January.

It came out August 2010 in Germany. Still not close to two years, but y'know...TRoT took a year to appear in the US, which was kinda ridiculous.

Do Impulse and/or Direct To Drive require a client-like setup like steam? Or do either of those two companies allow you to just download the game installer like how GoG works?

Just got a boxed version of RoT via Amazon uk. It was also quite cheap. £9.99 if I recall correctly.
It is 16,50 pounds at the moment and they only have few copies so I would think it is an import version.
The cheapest I saw was from some merchant on ebay.co.uk for 10.49 + 0.99 p&p at some point.

It came out August 2010 in Germany. Still not close to two years, but y'know…TRoT took a year to appear in the US, which was kinda ridiculous.

Excalty I meant for the original and the expansion. A long delay from the german release. Most company's dont take as long to release in other country's. Its the same with Larian with the divine divinity series.

Do Impulse and/or Direct To Drive require a client-like setup like steam? Or do either of those two companies allow you to just download the game installer like how GoG works?

Impulse does have a steam-like client, D2D doesn't. But D2D games can have DRM, GoG doesn't obviously.

Direct2Drive and Gamersgate work just like GOG with a list of installers to download. The only difference being they have DRM on them if the publisher requests it (which they usually do).

I buy all my digital games on Gamersgate when they're available there... good service, rewards and a simple list of exes on your account page.

Back
Top Bottom