Dragon Age 2 - Legacy DLC Released

aries100

SasqWatch
Gamebanshee mentions that the storybased DLC for DA2, Legacy has been released.
Here's an excerpt from the press release, courtesy of Gamebanshee:
In Dragon Age II Legacy, a vicious criminal cartel is out for Hawke’s blood and players must put an end to their malicious attacks. To find the source, players are forced to leave Kirkwall and uncover the mystery behind the Hawke family’s past. Along the way, players will forge a new and fully upgradable class-specific weapon, encountering epic battles with brand-new creatures and coming face-to-face with an ancient horror so evil and powerful that Wardens have kept it secret for millennia. Dragon Age II Legacy is playable from any point in the Dragon Age II campaign accessible within Hawke’s house.
Moments ago Chris Priestly created this thread, saying:
Dragon Age II Legacy is now available. Continue your Dragon Age II adventures with the first story based DLC for Dragon Age II. This DLC is available to be played from any point in the story and continues the story of Hawke as he leaves Kirkwall to put an end to attacks from a dwarven carta and ends up uncovering an ancient evil left behind in an abandoned Grey Warden prison. Download Dragon Age II Legacy, face new darkspawn, forge a powerful new weapon and come to face with an ancient horror. Get Legacy today!
PS3 players will have to wait untill the PSN store updates tomorrow.
Aradace says:
Evil_toby_claws wrote... So when will it be up for PSN?

Aradace:
If we're lucky....an hour. If we're unlucky...another 6 hours. PSN is funny like that. DA2 demo wasnt available until 8pm EST back when it released.
More information.

Keep on milking, for as long as they buying.

dispite Dragon Age 2 being inferior to Origins isn't this the first milking to occur. Origins had a continuos stream of DLC, expansion, DLC while its being all quite on the dlc front for Dragon Age 2. not enough interest or time though for me to worry to much about these DLC though. I guess bioware is to preoccupied on their other projects. Here's hoping they focus their efforts on a good Mass Effect 3 and then maybe they can take their time with making a worthwhile effort for the Dragon Age franchise assuming they don't all become cogs in their war machine effort to dethrone Blizzard.

You mean, 'Continue to supply your customers with things they want to buy?'

What money-grubbing bastards, truly.

Hahaha, indeed. I say the same thing when people complain about Call of Duty and its map packs. How dare they make things 20 million people want to buy? The fiends!

Anyway, I don't know if DA2 was begging for more content that way. I am sure half the work was done at launch though, so why not finish it really. We'll see if they made any headway on working on DA2's faults.

All I have to say is how good is it and is it worth the money? I wont bore you with my hate towards bioware. Its been said by many before.

Theyve had a bit of DLC for it, the Exiled Prince, black emporium, and some Horse Armor. Id rather take a headfirst tumble down the stairs than prolong the over-long DA2 experience. I wonder how this dlc will do, id like to see the official numbers

Despite reservations, I have to say that I enjoyed it. It had a good balance between conversation and combat and I found the story itself relevant to both Hawke as a character and the world of Thedas as a whole. The combat has undergone some changes, and they've clearly listened to feedback but I think that, honestly, there was only so much they could change. It still seems a little on the fast side for my tastes, and that's on Nightmare.

It's no Lair of the Shadow Broker, but then DA2 is no ME2. I do think that, for me anyway, it surpasses all DA:O DLC (which isn't saying much, I know) and if they keep putting as much effort and thought into their DLC as they did with Legacy, I'll keep buying it.

@xSamhainx
that dlc was available on release, technically even before as it was preorder bonuses. the only dlc since release was class specific weapons and armor if i recall.

You mean, 'Continue to supply your customers with things they want to buy?'

What money-grubbing bastards, truly.

Certainly, it's not bad business. Maybe I'll even get me one of those cute Hawke keyrings.

Back
Top Bottom