Fable 3 - Patch Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The patch for Fable 3 has been released. For those who have it, enjoy!
Here are the patch notes:
Major Fixes
Sanctuary: Fixed numerous issues whereby Jasper would stop talking or whereby the world map would become unusable
Quests: Tabletop: The Hobbes may not spawn in the last area causing the player to be unable to progress
Quest: Tabletop: Online multiplayer: Player host is unable to vault off platform to Hobbe area
Quest: Tabletop: Player can become stuck behind some rocks
Quest: Tabletop: After defeating the hollowmen in the room with the lever the player is unable to progress
Quest: The Masquerade: Player can become trapped in Reaver’s mansion.
Quest: The Masquerade: Player can fall out of the world
Quest: GNOMES PART 1: Player can break script
Live: The players fall out of the world (FOOTW) when transitioning from Shifting Sands to The Veiled Path
Crash: Mourningwood guards audio
Crash: During the quest “Peace, Love and Homicide”

Minor Fixes
General improvements to performance and frame rate
World: Online multiplayer: Fast Travel area does not extend from end of level the "The Hole" to go to Mistpeak Valley
World: Player can fall out of environment in Mistpeak Valley while in combat
World: After proposing marriage, Bowerstone Castle cannot be selected as family home.
World: If client repairs a house, the house goes from renting out to living in
World: Player can become stuck during Castle Battle after vaulting over sandbags near burning cart
World: Bowerstone Industrial: Player can fall off the world
World: a fix for existing or future FOOTW situations
World: Online multiplayer: No Particle Effects on Host Screen after Marrying another Player
Live: Orbs do not always show up
Live: Online multiplayer: Fixed an issue with sliding host in the sanctuary
Live: Fixed several issues relating to gifting and receiving gifts in local and online coop
Quest: Tabletop: Breadcrumb not leading to Demonic Chickens
Saves: Fixed a few issues that could cause a corrupt save game slot
World: Driftwood: Hero can become stuck inside of tree
World: Shooting a crate creates a duplicate crate
World: Black chicken in castle gardens flies straight up into the air for several seconds when kicked
Speech: Japanese: Reaver is missing VO in one quest
More information.

Just one question is anybody seriously waiting for the pc release.Based off reviews and other articles its the same crap as part 2 just more simplified.Its a action game not an rpg.I still remember when it was first announced as the xboxs first huge rpg
and yeah the first was enjoyable but im sorry it wasnt a good rpg.Does anybody know any good rpgs without the action added coming out next year?

Just one question is anybody seriously waiting for the pc release.Based off reviews and other articles its the same crap as part 2 just more simplified.
No, not any more. For some of us, the "Just like Fable 2" point is moot as we didn't have Fable 2.

If it comes out and I've got money I'll get it, sure, but I'm not holding my breath any more. I was hoping to have it for my birthday but that's not going to happen now.

I'm wating for the patch with this fix:

New Additions
+ Game now worth paying attention to.

Bug Fixes
- Monkeyneux no longer involved.

I'll probably buy the PC version at some point during an RPG drought.

Yes, but due to the general tone towards anything NOT old school here at the Watch, I really can't be bothered to comment on it.

Yes, but due to the general tone towards anything NOT old school here at the Watch, I really can't be bothered to comment on it.

Well can you blame us the trend in rpgs today is destroying the genre not helping it.

I was talking about the RPG genre as a whole, not the Fable series in particular.

And there are such things as exceptions to the rule, and you're free to put the Fable series into that category if you so wish.

Changing isn't the same as destroying. Change is necessary if something is to progress and succeed.

Yes diluting the rpg mechanics to the bare minimum while holding your hand through the whole game.Yeah that's progress for the genre.We saw what happendend to a great franchise that wasn't an rpg called command and conquer.The fourth installment was a giant turd because of change.Change is not always good for progress.I can list rpgs to if you want I have been gaming for over 25 years now.

Yes diluting the rpg mechanics to the bare minimum while holding your hand through the whole game.Yeah that's progress for the genre.We saw what happendend to a great franchise that wasn't an rpg called command and conquer.The fourth installment was a giant turd because of change.Change is not always good for progress.I can list rpgs to if you want I have been gaming for over 25 years now.
Wow, you played the "gaming for over X years card" again - It doesn't mean a thing. I've been gaming for, what, 18-19 years now? Big whoop.

Command & Conquer's failure was due to EA making a massive mistake with regards to EA Westwood, one that I believe EA do regret making. That said, the spinoff independent studio that formed (Petroglyph) hasn't exactly had a world of success either. It wasn't due to the market changing, it was due to corporate screw-ups.

Fable is an exception to the rule in terms of RPG games. Lionhead are a shell of who they once were, possibly (Some might say probably) due to Molyneux being able to speak at all, thus raising expectations and disappointing the customer base. But the Fable series, even during TLC, was never supposed to be hardcore or some bastion of RPG greatness - It's an immature, light hearted fantasy romp.

The move from "hardcore" RPGs is a change in the market. Yes, there are some out there, but even the more "hardcore" series have to adapt. Development costs are getting higher, and development studios are getting bigger, so they need to take more money to make a profit on games - It's easy for many FPS/TPS games, especially from major studios, but not so much for RPG developers because it's not as popular as it was. One good thing studios have going for them is the lack of RPGs, so if they get one out there then it's possibly going to sell more than it would have done because there are so few of them.

I'm not saying whether this is a right or wrong move, but developers (And, more importantly, publishers) want to get the maximum sales out of their product. Do people want a hardcore RPG or a light RPG? If the market suggests light, that's what they do. If you look at the market, where are all the turn-based strategies? They're fading for Real Time Strategies, which have been the predominant style for a fair few years now; Possibly since the days of Age of Empires 1.

I do think there's a hardcore market still out there, and you just need to look at websites like this to see how true it is, but I don't think anyone's willing to truly capitalise on it, and we might see a shift towards Obsidian's New Vegas in that "hardcore" is a setting on RPGs for those who want it, whereas the rest of us (Who were obviously dropped on our heads as children because we can't do BG2) can have a similar experience on a different setting.

Who knows, with New Vegas and Dragon Age's popularity, we might see the market U-Turn a little and go back to slightly more "hardcore" games. Mind you, have you seen Dragon Trainwreck 2? I think that says it all.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some games to play that I can only just manage with my apparent attention span issues, such as KotOR2, and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of them because they're playable and not up their own backside about being "hardcore".

... Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some games to play that I can only just manage with my apparent attention span issues, such as KotOR2, and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of them because they're playable and not up their own backside about being "hardcore".

Hear! Hear!

Excellent post Dwagginz, simply excellent.

I think we should open up a thread specificly dedicated to the discussion of current trends in RPG gaming (or even in gaming regardless of genre) and a look into the future.

But on the other hand, we've already had these discussions a felt 1000 times.

The only discussion we imho did not have was the look into the future. That'd be interesting to read where everyone personally predicts where this game genre and others might go to.

The current trend is that companies try to reach the "Kleinster Gemeinsamer Nenner/Vielfaches", in Englisch it's the "least/lowest common multiple", dict.leo.org translates this to.

Back
Top Bottom