Inquisitor - Forum "Update"

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Roland sent us an Inquisitor forum link that's actually old (March) but, hey, it's nice to have an update every year or so. Here's Cinemax' Martin Kovár responding about languages:
For the time being, yes. But Russian and English versions are in the works. The start of closed English betatest was promised for this March. Let's hope it will make it:)
I think you missed it, Martin.
More information.

Still cant wait to get this game installed on my rig.

I tried it, wasn't terribly impressed. Sounds good in theory, but in practice.. or perhaps my Czech just wasn't good enough.

Either the game has thousands of dialogs or they can't find enough professional interpreter to translate it. I know game translating is difficult. With a team of 4 people we have translated Dragon Age Origins to Turkish which took almost 1 year of our time (80.000 line of text). I'm also in final stages of translating Risen, which took 6 months of my time.

My main concern about the English version is the translation quality actually. Lots of games in the past have suffered from bad translation. Like Hard To Be A God or A Farewell to Dragons. I want to believe they delay the release because they want qualified translating.

They already told us it was translated about a year ago. Much later, they said "We are waiting for Akella, so that we could work on Russian and English versions simultaneously".

We are either waiting for the Russian translation or they are incompetent. Actually, clearly the latter since they still have the "preorder before 1976 and get early access" option on their website, despite missing the dates by years, now.

Still looking forward to the game but I wouldn't trust them to program their way out of a wet paper bag.

Games that are text only (no voiced dialog) usually have far more dialog the games with voiced dialog so it would take far longer to translate.

I've thrown this one on the vapourware list. :/

Thankfully I didn't preorder!

Back
Top Bottom