Death of a Douche.

after all this time its still unclear to me what some people believe in and or stand for other than their ability to hate on things that displease them rather than put anything of value behind anything of value...at least the extreme right believe in somethings even if they are usually narrow in scope.

Nothing on the wiki page seemed particularly evil. The Agriculture thing seemed a bit out of bounds, but I'm not too upset that someone that is admittedly prejudice was forced out of a government role.

WTF? If you have read Shirley Sherrod's full speech how can you possibly call her "prejudiced"? Or have you just read the bits which reinforced your prejudice?

DTE, we were vitriolic about how Republicans wish other people dead or say "let them die", call the president a liar in during the State of the Union, put bullseyes on congressemen (who after were shot and maimed for life), or show up at Tea Party rallies with guns and racist anti-Obama posters, etc. Not lamenting the death of this fabricating fucker is quite different.

As usual, you are consistent in your inconsistency.

All this for a guy none of us outside of the US have ever heard of!! Weird world.

Ah, I see. It's totally different when y'all do it. Got it.

Yeah, that was Taibbi's excuse after he got called on it. You believe it? Me either.

So you are saying that Breitbart wasn't an asshole who called recently deceased Ted Kennedy "he was a f@#$er. a big ass motherf@#$er", "duplicitous bastard", "prick" and "special pile of human excrement"? Taibbi doesn't need excuses to call douche a douche.

Nope, not denying it at all. I said earlier that Breitbart was obnoxious. Do you think Taibbi is doing witty satire, or just throwing mud? I'd favor the latter.

Dragging this back to Taibbi is just trying to shift the focus, though. I got preached to over and over about vitriolic rhetoric by the exact same hypocrites that I've called out here. I don't care if people want to treat each other like crap. But as soon as you start complaining about it, you completely lose your right to do it yourself. If it's right, it's right for everyone and there should be no preaching (I'll consider accepting apologies). If it's wrong, it's wrong for everyone and the stuff in this thread is clearly out of bounds (I'll consider accepting admissions of hypocrisy). Pick yer poison.

DTE, your lack of ability to understand shades of grey is convenient for you, isn't it?

We never wished him dead, nor put bullseyes on him, etc. If you can't see the difference, there's really no reason to discuss this any further with you.

If anything, we deserve an apology form YOU. How many more people do you want to drive away from this forum with your arrogance?

@dte - "Do you think Taibbi is doing witty satire, or just throwing mud?" - almost a tribute I would say.

@Thrasher - it's not convenience, it's a disability :)

Your lack of ability to maintain consistent standards is convenient for you, isn't it?

I didn't find those things offensive, but you did. In your mind, end of discussion and you win. Now, I find these things offensive, but you don't. In your mind, end of discussion and you win. It's quite convenient to do shades of grey as long you make sure you're the only judge.

If it were possible to quantify, I'd love to see whether my "arrogance" actually has driven away more people from this forum than your consistent lack of intellectual integrity. You might be right. You might be surprised.

BTW, I actually wish Breitbart was still alive just to see Shirley Sherrod taking him to the cleaners. Now she will have to sue his estate which will be much less fun to watch.

She admitted repeatedly to violating federal discrimination laws. But she kinda made it up to her victim later on… What a saint.

DTE, I think everyone here agrees but you that there is a difference between wanting someone dead and not mourning for that person when they die.

That's intellectual integrity, something that is very much lacking in your repeatedly stupid statements.

DTE, I think everyone here agrees but you that there is a difference between wanting someone dead and not mourning for that person when they die.

Except you're taking it further than simply "not mourning".

By Matt Taibbi:

"So Andrew Breitbart is dead . Here’s what I have to say to that, and I’m sure Breitbart himself would have respected this reaction: Good! Fuck him. I couldn’t be happier that he’s dead.

Good riddance.

Right or Left, this is disgusting.

Really? Being happy that this extremely poisonous character is no longer part of the political climate is "disgusting". Disgusting are those that tolerate, make excuses for, or even encourage. Another example of someone I would say good riddance to.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/03/cruelty-cont/253878/

I am not wishing he, nor Breitbart dead. But I sure would be happy if both were gone. The world would be a better more humane place.

Right or Left, this is disgusting.

You tell me that you were never happy when somebody died and I will call you a hypocrite.

You tell me that you were never happy when somebody died and I will call you a hypocrite.

No, I can't recall ever being happy when someone died. And I find it quite arrogant of you to try pronouncing judgment on such a statement. The world is full of of dictators, murderers, & rapists; simply wishing them dead won't solve anything.

Back
Top Bottom