Thief - Gameplay Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eidos Montreal has released a new gameplay trailer for the upcoming Thief reboot.

In this gameplay trailer, get your first in-game look at Garrett's hideout, the dark alleys of the City, and your old friend Basso. See all the pillars of Thief gameplay in action - Infiltration, Theft and Escape - as Garrett enters the Baron's manor, grabs the shinies and leaves without a trace.
More information.

Last edited:
Those devs are hilarious.. they claim they removed free jumping so that you can't "jump around like an idiot" (which would break immersion, they say) and they claim they don't like "hot spots"; "this is not tomb raider, this is not The Last of Us, this is not an early 2000's game with cheesy pre-programmed hot spots"..

Now i read that you can only use rope arrows in, ta-daa - hot spots (and obviously jumping is also in hot spots). And oh, while you can't "jump like an idiot everywhere", it seems like you can now instead SWOOP like an idiot; "So, I hear you asking, what happens when you DO press the jump button, but there is nothing to jump on? You SWOOP! It's AWESOME"

I wouldnt even pirate this POS.

Yeah, I read you could only jump in designated areas, and I immediately wrote this game off. That goes against everything the original Thief was about.

..and this is what they tell us old fans:

"- then hell, maybe Thief isn't for you. But, check out Team Fortress 2 - it's free to play and you'll probably love it!"

I mean seriously?? How can anyone in their right mind support these assholes..

Seems that Polygon article from last year was right about this game. No vision and plenty of design problems. I'm going to wait for the release version though before I make any judgements.:fingerscrossed:

I've tried hard not to completely dismiss this game - but they're not exactly helping this mission.

In a world of shuttering slow-profit-but-potential-gangbuster-hit studios by their parent companies and milking their IPs comes...

Seriously, pulling the plug on a studio like Ion that's full of hard-working creatives like Warren and Harvey because the profits aren't exorbitant (or don't come fast enough) is what saddens me most about much of the industry in the U.S.
It's these European and Russian studios that are making me smile these days. Passion, teamwork, originality...all in the hands of real gamers. Sure, not all studios will make it, but at least they're willing to roll the dice -just because they believe in it.
Ok...rambling; just woke up.

Back
Top Bottom