Space Rangers 2 HD - Now Available

No problem here so far…a little hint that may help if you want to do trading. There's a very small - i - icon in the trading resources window. When you click it, it saves all the buying/selling prices you've seen on that planet… It saves them as a notification icon on your screen where you get all the other messages. That way you can compare fairly easily the prices on various products across different planets.

that is a great hint, thanks
I was wondering about that capability when I was trading.
thank god I have a 27 inch monitor because those bottom screen menu items are still very small.

What huge damage close to sun? I definetly don't have such issue. It's almost irrelevant in my game. Maybe it's race/ship related?

As for crashes I did initially messed with graphics options so maybe one of those is the culprit, if only I could remember the default values… I'll try with remove ini or cfg file with options if I find it and do the check/repair within Steam.

The hint wasn't needed as you can't really miss the "i" button, but the problem is that the data becomes obsolete too soon. :(

[EDIT:]
Found files under my documents. I've renamed CFG.TXT into CFG.BAK and there is ######.log file with this entry in the end:
Exception EAccessViolation with message Access violation at address 0BE6FF12. Write of address 00000000

Now I'm onto verify integrity process, hopefully it'll sort my crashes.

[EDIT2:]
Verification says all files are good… Hmmm… Okay I'll start the game, won't touch options, I'll leave even the resolution on the default.

[EDIT3:]
Seems there is an option for stars damage (file newgame.txt, line in my case says SunDamageMod=8)! So whoever has a problem, just lower that number.

Last edited:
Btw Daj, a larger screen does not always help. If your larger screen comes with a higher resolution that will normally result in smaller Icons and graphics on the interface and game in general. (It isn't so for all games but thats what happens with many of them, especially those that are reworked into HD)

Ty Galaad, but that first link in my case is unusable as it points to a certain site I avoid like a plague. :)
The second one however I plan to (ab)use maximally.

Ty Galaad, but that first link in my case is unusable as it points to a certain site I avoid like a plague. :)
The second one however I plan to (ab)use maximally.

Curiously, the name of that thread is called
"Idiot's guide to Space Rangers 2"

I too am generally leery of the site but, sometimes they do have good stuff. I just lurk over there, that way I never get involved in the discussions.

BTW, That Codex link does have some great info in spite of its condescending presentation.

It is worth to note that there is a lot of AoD like text based quests in the game.

Some of them can be pretty hard but they're the part I enjoyed the most from this game.

[EDIT3:]
Seems there is an option for stars damage (file newgame.txt, line in my case says SunDamageMod=8)! So whoever has a problem, just lower that number.

That only works for new game.Oh well I will just invest in better shield which would be good idea anyway since I am playing corsair.

Nameless, I picked the default merchant since I'm new… Maybe it's really ship related, who knows?
1c forums are empty. :(

Last edited:
It's not big deal just minor annoyance which wasn't there in previous version.
Bigger problem is that this version is far too similar to reboot, so far I seen no new quest after around 6 hours of play, and no new module, artifact or anything.IIRC there is only 7 new text adventures, and some more planetary battles.Too few changes.On the other hand game was very good than and it's very good now.

Back
Top Bottom