Blackguards

The croco fight was indeed too easy because the crocos were too passive. I didn't notice many other fights in which no tactics were required, especially compared to other games.

I'm currently playing the third chapter and I'm really enjoying it. It becomes more and more challenging. you have to fight more than one battle in a row. Often up to three fights. Ressource management becomes more and more challenging. I like that a lot. Can't wait to finally get my hands on Chapter 4 and 5.

here is a new trailer from daedalic with quotes from the Community.

FYI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVX78l1tLUg

Cool trailer, I really like it.
And I honestly love that it's not an easy game. Imho, there are a lot of easy games out there and Blackguards is a good tactics RPG where you need to think.
I love that challenge and can't wait to dig through the chapters again and try different classes.

With which class do you play mostly? I'm currently trying it with a Ranger type.

Can some share some tips on the map in the swamp with the bridge? When you are crossing the border and that guy that wants to bring you in catches you after the lizardman siege. I'm kinda stuck at the moment, nothing I do seems to result in anything less than a wipe, and I don't see that many options to proceed, but could be missing something.

Can some share some tips on the map in the swamp with the bridge? When you are crossing the border and that guy that wants to bring you in catches you after the lizardman siege. I'm kinda stuck at the moment, nothing I do seems to result in anything less than a wipe, and I don't see that many options to proceed, but could be missing something.

I believe that's the one with the walk way or bridge can't remember in the middle and swamp to the bottom and top of the screens.

If you look to the top of the screen you will see a hexagon were if you stand only one enemy can attack you at once, i put the dwarf there.

You can then navigate the swamp to the south and place your other guys in hexagons that only allow a couple guys to attack you at once, if you have high enough perception you can see the sink hole in the swamp and lead the enemies to them and they will get stuck for several turns. Make sure not to get stuck yourself though.

Using your environment, proper placement of your guys and using bottlenecks makes most battles pretty easy.

Also, make sure everyone has belts full of healing potions.

This Level is actually pretty easy! Just take the Dwarf to "tank" the right group. Move the rest of the group directly south into the swamps. The left group should follow you and get stuck in the swamp. I got two opponents to get stuck. But be careful that you don't get stuck yourself. Then you have to kill this group pretty fast while the Dwarf is tanking the other group. When the first group is down you attend to the other group. Don't forget to buff and heal the dwarf from time to time. ^^ I solved it first try like this.

I found this map pretty easy. It's just an exercise in coordination. Get your ranged fighters out of danger and take the enemies out one after the other.

In retrospect it is really not that hard - definately not easy though. I mean only 50 % of the party was standing by the end of it, but I managed. I do wish that there was an indicator that it was the end of the chapter though, I would have attempted the dwarven games quest once more. By the time I realized that I can't go back to that area, I was already in chapter 3.

Chapter 2 was good and all, but I can't say I liked how closed off it was, not to mention a tad short. Chapter 3 seems awesome so far, though I wish all the towns had some meat to them.

In retrospect it is really not that hard - definately not easy though. I mean only 50 % of the party was standing by the end of it, but I managed. I do wish that there was an indicator that it was the end of the chapter though, I would have attempted the dwarven games quest once more. By the time I realized that I can't go back to that area, I was already in chapter 3.

Load an older savegame.

Does anyone know if they fixed the dwarf games quest yet, I've completed it twice and didn't get a reward either time. They said if was a known issue on the official forums.

Should be fixed.

That's good news I'll be starting a new play through since BF4 trashed my win install and I had to reinstall.

Based on all your positive feedback, I just got this from Steam and I don't like buying from Steam! :)

Based on all your positive feedback, I just got this from Steam and I don't like buying from Steam! :)

That's the spirit :)

Just keep in mind that most at first sight "frustrating" battles have an easy solution.

That's the spirit :)

Just keep in mind that most at first sight "frustrating" battles have an easy solution.

I'd be disappointed if the battles weren't challenging :)

I just hope they're not like puzzles and instead more like plausible tactical scenarios.

But I'll see ;)

Back
Top Bottom