Dead State - Update #14, New Tier

Let's see.In the article, "survival mechanics" is written as a part of the game component unlike you, who seem to try to put survival mechanics above anything else. So, it doesn't work to strengthen your point but mine.

It was an answer to the bit that I wrote specifically survival mechanics.

Game mechanics are the primary content of a game.

Well, it's just the subject-verb relationship. Who would survive? Reptiles? No, the theme is human survival. Hence, the dialogues play an important part of the game experience, combined with other mechanics.
Who will survive? The outcome can be determined by the game mechanics or the story. If it is determined by the stoy then playing the game is irrelevant.
After that, I don't follow your logic at all - even if it existed at all. In any case, at least, it worked as keep the thread bumped, hopefully attracting even a slight attention, which is, actually, my main purpose here. :)

The logics is quite simple:

-game mechanics are the primary content of a game.
-a theme does not determine the experience delivered by a game.

The theme being human survival does not make a game delivering a survival experience.

Which leads to disclaim the assumption that people are on the same boat because they fund this game.

Backers can expect a survival game or expect a game set in survival settings. One is different from the others.

>$11000 to go, 8 hours left. It's going to be a close call for the city stretch goal.

$8000 to go, speeding up...

Done! City unlocked!

:D The last bumping with Big Smiley!

i changed mine from $30 to $250, which is far cry from the $50 for wasteland 2. still i really am excited about the game and I love me some friggin chickin. also i have a lot of faith in brian mitsoda, and even if the rewards don't match the level this is one game i don't mind subsidizing.

still i really am excited about the game and I love me some friggin chickin.

Friggin' Chikin??? I hadn't noticed that word.

In Vampire Bloodlines you can turn on the radio and listen to a late night show and commercials, which are btw stored as mp3 files on you drive. They are really funny and one commercial is about Friggin' Chikin. So I guess that must have been Brian Mitsoda's influence.

Wow! I didn't expect this but the 330K stretch goal has been reached. It may sound silly but I really wanted the animals to be included as I think that their presence may enhance the atmosphere of the game.

10,096 Backers
$332,635 pledged of $150,000 goal

Wow, with a last minute surge it made the $330,000 goal

Ther were like 3 5k backers in the last few minutes. Pretty incredible. It would be interesting to know who these people are. But anyway - kudos to them!

It was nice to see them top the 10,000 contributers mark. Good job on them hitting over twice their goal especially considering nearly 2/3 of the backers were only at the $15 level.

Friggin' Chikin??? I hadn't noticed that word.

In Vampire Bloodlines you can turn on the radio and listen to a late night show and commercials, which are btw stored as mp3 files on you drive. They are really funny and one commercial is about Friggin' Chikin. So I guess that must have been Brian Mitsoda's influence.

it would be awesome if he does something similar with this game. i'm sure there will be plenty of humourous extras in this game though having a radio station would be grand.

Back
Top Bottom