Gothic 3 Community Patch v1.74 Changelog

Ergonpandilus

The Preacher
g3_cp174_sunset_469.jpg

CP v1.74:
- ATI/AMD driver bug: Workaround for missing shadows on Radeon 4000/5000 series graphics cards.
+ Improved specular light.
- Shadow problem at ambience mushrooms in Nordmar on 7xxx nVidia graphics cards fixed.
- Problem in czech installer version fixed.
- Quest "Debt and debility" with Ilja fixed.
+ Screen noise (optional). (Picture - click here)
+ Grass reacts to the hero's steps.
+ Visual feedback when the hero ist poisoned or has low life energy (optional).(Video - click here)
- Hunter merchants will pay twice the price for dark snapper leather again.
- Some minor bug fixes and improvements.
+ Improved Bloom/HDR. (pictures Bloom+HDR (click), HDR Blueshift (click), Sun (click))
+ Improved water. (Picture - click here)

Should be available soon in www.worldofgothic.com and it will be be a fullpatch and you have to do a full re-install.

Very nice…

I'm glad to see they fixed the shadows on Radeon cards. The improved water also looks great.

Well great. I installed it (over 1.73, no QP), now I can't access my savegames any more. I just get an empty list...

True anti-aliasing would be my biggest wish at this point, but I'm not sure if that's even possible anymore.

@GhanBuriGhan: Somebody was having same kind of issues with 1.72 update. You might want to check worldofgothic forum about it. Just take backups of your savegames. v1.74 should not break the savegames, if they are from version 1.7x.

Doesn't anti-aliasing work if you force it on from control panel? Never the less, I don't see need for it in 1920 at 23" screen.

Doesn't anti-aliasing work if you force it on from control panel? Never the less, I don't see need for it in 1920 at 23" screen.

It worked in CP 1.6, but has been broken since 1.7, at least for ATI cards. I play in 1920x1200 on a 24", and the game still looks great without it, but certain surfaces still get those crawling jaggies that I find very annoying.

@GhanBuriGhan: Somebody was having same kind of issues with 1.72 update. You might want to check worldofgothic forum about it. Just take backups of your savegames. v1.74 should not break the savegames, if they are from version 1.7x.
Turns out it was a simple thing: installing the patch resets the Alternative Balancing to off, and because of that my savegames were not recognized. Turning AB back on fixed it.

i am just downloading this on steam, anyone know if i can apply the community patches to this version?

You should be able to install any 1.7x patch over the steam version.

I think Steam should use 1.74 since the improvements are huge.
1.6 was basically developed by the CPT but was proclaimed official because Spellbound(Not PB i.e. the developers)were involved in the attempt to fix the engine.

I think Steam should use 1.74 since the improvements are huge.

They can't because it's not an official patch (i.e. it did not go through JoWooD QA and never got any official stamp of approval from anyone).

1.6 was basically developed by the CPT but was proclaimed official because Spellbound(Not PB i.e. the developers)were involved in the attempt to fix the engine.

That and...

1) JoWooD actually compensated the CPT for their efforts on 1.60.
I don't know if it's ever been confirmed whether the CPT got paid money (most likely) or got free games or burgers or whatever but they did get some form of compensation.

2) Patch 1.6 actually went through JoWooD QA who thus gave it their official stamp of approval.

1) JoWooD actually compensated the CPT for their efforts on 1.60.
I don't know if it's ever been confirmed whether the CPT got paid money (most likely) or got free games or burgers or whatever but they did get some form of compensation.
I can imagine JoWooD repaying them with free copies of Forsaken Gods :lol:
2) Patch 1.6 actually went through JoWooD QA who thus gave it their official stamp of approval.
I didn't realise they have a QA so I assumed that giving the official stamp wasn't a big deal.

I can imagine JoWooD repaying them with free copies of Forsaken Gods :lol:

Yep, that does sound a bit like good old JoWooD :biggrin: ... but I think whatever compensation it might have been it must have been a bit more attractive or I'm sure the CPT would have quit their patching efforts in disgust after 1.6 was finished ;) .

I didn't realise they have a QA so I assumed that giving the official stamp wasn't a big deal.

They are supposed to have a QA firm in Romania (a company called Quantic Lab) but whether it is a real firm or just a mailbox has never really been confirmed as far as I know :biggrin: .

Back
Top Bottom