Buying games online preferrance

I'm using all of mentioned sites and as wolfling probably should add some more I can't remember this moment… :)
HumbleB store? It's not mentioned above, right? Yes, I use it too.

Why do I like it? As I've said in other threads, I'm done with buying physical copies as they took too much of space in my room. And this way I can play a game anytime and anywhere - if travelling I don't have to bring physical media with me.

Which one I dislike you ask… Only one. Origin malware.
Too aggressive with ads (is there a hack to disable bloody Titanfall crap splashscreens?), too suspicious (you don't really know what it does to the system) and too shady (lurking in your try without asking you if you agree on that).

I used to "hate" uPlay, but since it's software is active only if I'm playing uPlay game, I've kinda adapted to it.

I basically use Steam unless I know that GoG sells the game too, then I'll use them. I'm too lazy to look around for deals and I don't mind paying full price for a game if I'm going to play it. I often buy multiple copies for friends and family; in that case I'll look for deals :)

Yeah, back in the day, I thrived on the manuals you received but the past few years, you just get a leaflet :p

I think I've more digital for space. My books and games are vying for the same space :biggrin:

Speaking of Uplay, I'll need to check if I have issues with it on my downstairs computer. I had a heck of a time with cd keys on my laptop with Steam and Uplay.

No preference, whichever is cheaper - and its going to be either Steam, Origin or Uplay (do we have a choice!).

I don't mind Steam or Origin. Never tried Uplay (which I would soon I guess with Far Cry 3 looking at me!).

However, I tend to go with GoG whenever possible, even if it costs a few more. That's what I have been doing for the last few years and enjoying the convenience of this excellent service.

Steam. The sales and the fact that most games are tied to it now anyways

Mainly steam except for origin exclusive games. Have some GOG but steam is my preference as across both my PCs (home gaming machine) and work (laptop) for when I am in apartment in city by myself

I try to stick to Steam, but I also have games on GoG, Gamersgate and Amazon. I try to avoid UPlay (stuff is available on Steam) and avoid Origin like the plague (hate the service & EA doesn't make much that interests me these days).

Well, I'm just glad nobody was really sneering at Steam or Gog. I never tried goDaddy and certainly not Uplay or Origin. I only have those installed because of games I purchased via Steam or box. :)

What the hell is that? Never heard of it before, and I'd definetly remember such silly name if I did, haha.
Google says there is a domain seller with that name.
In any case, please provide a link - if they drop gameprices frequently and a lot. ;)

Joxer, I probably mistyped that. We just got our new modem set up and I was slinging out the message. There is one site that everyone here gripes about and obviously I got the name wrong;)

Accck, maybe it was European site I was just reading about?

Maybe it's one of those key resellers? G2A, Go2Arena or other similar one?
If it was, then yes, I do use those too. But they sell only keys, you can't download and install any game from them, the key you buy is supposed to be used on Steam, Origin or elsewhere.

What the hell is that? Never heard of it before, and I'd definetly remember such silly name if I did, haha.
Google says there is a domain seller with that name.
In any case, please provide a link - if they drop gameprices frequently and a lot. ;)

LOL thought you were joking, but guess it's a US only thing. GoDaddy is a domain name/hosting service here very very very famous for its commercials. Started I think about 10 or so years ago with superbowl commercials with very hot women getting undressed, and just when they were about to remove the last pieces, it said "to see the rest, visit www.godaddy.com". Obviously most men (and some women) went there and found it was just a hosting service. And they've been doing a similar commercial in like every superbowl since then.

It's not US only thing it's just that I'm… Clueless when it comes to phones and phonegames scam. Maybe it's used as a facebook scam too, can't know, I don't want to register there.

Anyway, I'm currently playing a phonegame cow clicker which is also pay2win scam called:
Top Eleven

It's a football manager. There is a reason why am I wasting my time on it, but it'd be a huge offtopic so I'll skip it (don't you worry, you know me too good to be certain I'll bring it up in pay2win threads :evilgrin:).
If you want to "win" in Top Eleven, you just need to buy it's (illegal and nonexistin, taxfree and money laundry probably) virtual currency called tokens. You can also earn those tokens by opening a site and registering domain, believe it or not, on GoDaddy.com!

Thus I'd say this.
I don't use GoDaddy, will never use it, and it should be renamed into ScamMe.com.

Back
Top Bottom