Pricewatch!

Steam has Vampire:Bloodlines for 5.00

Damn, I was waiting forever to get that one on sale, and now it happened on the one weekend this year where I was away on vacation and without internet access!

King's Bounty 75% off daily deal on Steam. You can get The Legend for $3.74, Armored Princess for $6.24 or get a pack with both plus the Crossworlds expansion for $8.74.

I actually already own those games but might get them again to have them on Steam.

*Edit: They've also got the whole Quakecon thing going on. There's a pack with all the ID and Bethesda games for for $70, but if you pre-order Skyrim you get the pack at 30% off for $55. Also order Rage and the pack drops to $40.

Pre-ording Skyrim will get you a Nord helm for Team Fortress 2 as well. :p

The pack has Morrowind and all expansions, Oblivion, all expansions and DLC, Fallout 3 all DLC, New Vegas and all DLC (including Old World Blues), plus Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein, Brink, Call of Cthulhu etc.

*Edit2: It looks like they will also be doing different deals every day. Today is the Quake/Doom pack so we might see a Bethesda pack without all the ID stuff at a lower price point than the big pack. Possibly FNV: Old World Blues might go down cheaper too.

Last edited:
3 is basically 2 with more stuff, both makes an excellent starting point to the series. 4 is a very different game, a lot of HoMM fans hate it, but I thought it was a decent enough game in its own right. Neither game is noticeably easier or more beginners friendly though.

HoMM3 is the one you want. I think I liked the structure of HoMM2 best with the way the scenarios/storylines were put together, but HoMM3 had some significant gameplay improvements that were worth having.

3 is basically 2 with more stuff, both makes an excellent starting point to the series.

Same for HoMM 1 vs HoMM 2. I think I is a very good place to start - I went with 2 back to 1 and enjoyed its simplicity - just as a I did FO2 then FO1.

HoMM is basically a more modern (for the time) update of the original King's Bounty. I wouldn't bother with the original though.

For all its beauty, for some reason I don't enjoy Disciples like I do with HoMMs and the new King's Bounties.

I'd start with the original game.. it's fairly short anyways.

For all its beauty, for some reason I don't enjoy Disciples like I do with HoMMs and the new King's Bounties.

I couldn't get into Disciples at all. I think the art direction is spectacular, but the combat is too simplistic for my taste.

If you want to follow the story, I'd start with 2. 1 was too ... rough and I don't even remember any story in it. 2 was a great game and it's when they really started adding story. 3 was even better, 4 may rot in hell, and 5 is a good game too.

Same for HoMM 1 vs HoMM 2. I think I is a very good place to start - I went with 2 back to 1 and enjoyed its simplicity - just as a I did FO2 then FO1.

HoMM is basically a more modern (for the time) update of the original King's Bounty. I wouldn't bother with the original though.

King's bounty is quite different from HoMM though. The only real similarities lies in the battles. And if anyone wants to play King's Bounty, I would recommend starting with the remake (King's Bounty: The legend).

I also had issues with the simplistic battles in Disciples. The art direction in Disciples 2 & 3 was great though (Disciples 1 did not have a very impressive artistic style).

And HoMM 1 really has not aged well. It lacks the variety needed to make it have any real lasting value, and it feels clunky. Nice looking sprites though (when they don't move, the animation is rather poor). If you decide to play HoMM4, don't go in expecting HoMM, and you will be fine. It plays more like a mix between Age of Wonders and HoMM than anything else.
And by the way, if you want to play a really good Fantasy TBS, then I would recommend the original Age of wonders

All Might & Magic and HoMM games are 50% off at GOG this weekend.

Yes. I picked up all of the Might and Magic games for about 16 bucks. Unbelievable value. There is a patch for MM8 that I applied last night that adds mouselook and a bunch of other things. I changed to hardware mode for graphics and it doesn't look to shabby for a 11 year old game. Huge, huge amount of gameplay.

Risen is 70% off at Gamersgate today. According to Deals4Downloads this is the lowest it has ever been, at least for the digital download.

GamersGate also has

Drakensang - River of Time - $6
Drakensang - Phileasson's Secret - $3

Needless to say, both have been bought. :)

Bought those today myself. Buying digitally has its upsides I am noticing.

GamersGate also has

Needless to say, both have been bought. :)

I had River of Time on GG but original Drakensang on Direct2Drive. At that price ($2.99) I bought Drakensang and Phileasson's Secret, so now I have all three in one place :)

I imported The River of Time not long ago, and have no regrets. It's one of those rare modern crpgs that actually has a nice in-depth printed manual.

GamersGate also has

Oooh, I'm so jealous of all of you ... ! ;)

I'd still have to pay around 30 Euros for the upcoming "platinum edition" ...

Back
Top Bottom