D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter - Review @ GameSpy

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Heroes of Neverwinter has been reviewed at GameSpy with a score of 3.5/5:
In short, you gather a well-balanced party and charge through battle-heavy dungeons turn-by-turn. All the while, your characters level up, gain new abilities, and maybe – just maybe – learn a little something about themselves in the process. It's standard – albeit simple – tactical RPG fare. But what it lacks in originality it makes up for with sheer compulsiveness. And it's always just a browser tab away.

Microtransactions, however, lurk around every corner. Most annoyingly, the game chains you to a slowly replenishing "energy" meter, which stops your adventurers dead in their tracks if it dips too low. At that point, you can either occupy yourself with something else (I suggest reading a book or aging) while it refills, or you can sacrifice a few dollars to leap back into action. Beyond that, I never felt particularly compelled to set down my wand and pick up my wallet, although reviving my party near the end of tougher dungeons was tempting.
More information.

I am still not making a FB account. Not even for tihs, and besides most of the people I know never even heard of D&D.

Why can\t we get at least for once in a long time a decent D&D game but just junk like this or Daggerdale?

I played it for a week or so and it's basically only good for playing if your stuck at work and can't play a real game.

Back
Top Bottom