The Witcher 2 - Full Combat Rebalance 2 Mod Patch

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It has been a while since I posted about the Full Combat Rebalance mod for Witcher 2. The mod has been updated to version 1.2 , and now is the best time to finally try it.

Here are the details , and thanks go to Kostas for sending in the information.
smiley-wink.gif

FCR2 v1.2 - 07.12.2013

======================

CORE CHANGES

• By popular request, made Geralt strafe while walking without the need to lock on target.

ENEMIES

• Fixed elite kingslayers not counterattacking.
• Geralt will bounce off draug's and gargoyle's parry.
BALANCE

• Introduced level scaling in order to provide adequate challenge in mid / late game. Enemies scale their health using simple formula:
health = health * ( 1 + playerLevel * healthMult )
Health multiplier can be easily accessed and edited under name enemy_health_mult_* in geralt_basic.xml file.
• Increased adrenaline generation rate.

ECONOMY

• Added missing meteorite ores in shops.
• Added Grapeshot schematic to Cedric in Flotsam, Isidor in Henselt's camp and Earso in Vergen.
• Added Gadwall recipe to Marcus in Henselt's camp.
• Decreased the number of Naeve Seidhe silver swords available in game.

FIXES

• Fixed negative skill points value after playing a tutorial and wrong skill calculation after using skill respec.
• Fixed dragon fire attacks ignoring Quen.
• Fixed Resonating Crystals not working in The Secrets of Loc Muinne quest.
• Fixed Geralt t-posing after casting Quen in fistfight stance.
• Fixed potion overdose full screen effect appearing on cutscenes and dialogues.
• Fixed issues caused by entering cutscene while casting Quen Sign.
• Fixed Geralt not being immortal during finishers.
• Fixed negative effect of White Raffard's decoction not vanishing with Alchemist skill.
• Fixed Deireadh sword not showing correct damage.
• Fixed Thunderbolt potion recipe.
• Fixed Draug Armor and Kingslayer Armor schematics.
• Fixed Wolf potion and Ysgith rune instakill chances (was 0.02%).
• Fixed Summer and Winter DLC skills not being added to Geralt.
• Fixed Roche Commando Jacket item name.

OTHER

• Installer deletes Arena files from previous mod versions. Old files were creating confusion while activating the mod with User Content Manager.
• Included mod's source files in installer.
More information.

They are dead to me:

BALANCE
• Introduced level scaling in order to provide adequate challenge in mid / late game. Enemies scale their health using simple formula:
health = health * ( 1 + playerLevel * healthMult )

:speechless:

Why wouldn't they just beef up mobs in the last chapter? That seems like the obvious fix.

In any case, anyone have thoughts on this? I plan on revisiting Witcher 2 before 3 comes out, as I still haven't played the second path for scenario 2.

They are dead to me:
:speechless:
I'm not too fond of the concept of level-scaling myself but I think it's generally agreed upon that the difficulty curve of Witcher 2 was highly uneven. The challenge the nekkers of Floatsam posed was strikingly bigger than that of any regular enemy of Ch2 or 3.

Last edited:
Heh... I had the exact same reaction when I saw that. I won't be trying this mod unless be removes the level scaling.

This would bother me also but you know you can edit it out, or change it to whatever you want. I guess people didn't read this part.;)
Health multiplier can be easily accessed and edited under name enemy_health_mult_* in geralt_basic.xml file.

Or maybe people don't feel like having to manually edit every enemy in the game. ;)
Well if your going to be lazy there is nothing you can do about it.;)

I have a solution use one of the older version if your willing to have bugs.;) I wonder how many times I can use that winking symbols in my post? ;)

I'm joking around JDR so don't take it seriously.;) Well that makes five how about six.;) There we go.;) Woops! make that seven.;) No eight.:lol:

Seriously though I agree with Kostas he added it to make the game harder, and I understand not everyone likes level scaling.:(

Last edited:
It sounds like based on the above that it is just one variable you edit.

Back
Top Bottom