Legends of Dawn - Ready for Release

I am liking it a bit more, there are some good parts to it.

What really sucks so far about the game is the item descriptions. There are literally none.

This game cannot be compared to Skyrim at all. That's like comparing a honda to a BMW. They both can be driven, but one is obviously of a higher quality.

For thos having trouble with the locks...you have to look at the color of the gem in the lock window then use those colored runes to connect the two glowing runes. Simple made hard in this game due to horrible explanations.

It is not at troll at all to say the game needed some beta testing, a lot of the problems would have been found.

I agree that a larger beta test that allowed for feedback would had a positive effect for the game. I was just trying to show that all games have issues when they are released any more. I guess this is kind of a paid beta test while they roll out patches.

I am not comparing gameplay to Skyrim whatsoever.
This reminds me more of Arcanum and if anyone has a memory they know all the problems it had. Doesn't mean its not fun.

Okay dropped gfx details down, it didn't help. UPS is protesting and I can't play under the beeping sound coming from it.
Checked game files, there are no options that are not in the game.
I'll try to switch the resolution if that doesn't help, I'll have to play without UPS. But honestly I don't understand what pressure gfx card has from the game that it needs so much power.

Anyone know what the sparkles on weapons means? does that mean they are magic?

Joxer I am running the game at 1440x990 with everything set to high and I'm getting 55-60 FPS. The only thing that is bugging me other than the camera is the generating of gameworld as I run along. Reminds me of Sacred2 in that respect.

Running win7 quad core 8gig ram and a 2g GeForce card. I can barely hear my fan run.

No problem with FPS. Can't hear fan as it's Phantom card… Silent. But the game wants 7856843685 Watts.

Last edited:
Holy crap that's a lot of juice!

The sparkly items are not identified-find a shrine to take care of that

New update on the KickStarter page.

Poor folks are reeling with the ire of many backers. Good news is they're not fazed and are actively fixing things and even accommodating a wishlist for new features.

I'm a backer myself and I'm just gonna hang back patiently until they fix things up. :)

New update on the KickStarter page.

Poor folks are reeling with the ire of many backers. Good news is they're not fazed and are actively fixing things and even accommodating a wishlist for new features.

I'm a backer myself and I'm just gonna hang back patiently until they fix things up. :)

Ditto - and they've already agreed to implement some of my suggestions soon, so they obviously know what they are doing :).

Agreed. Backed them as well, and I have faith that they will make the necessary adjustments to improve their game. Waiting for several more patches myself before trying it.

-Carn

I can understand why people are angry and they certainly have a right to do so - the game has had quite a shoddy release.

But I'm perfectly happy to wait until the game is a lot more polished. They are quite a small team and I hope this doesn't discourage them from making more games.

I'm sure a lot of us love games which launched with bugs (or still have them!). I would exercise a little bit of patience before getting too upset. Criticism is reasonable, condemnation seems a bit too much. :)

After my initial ire, I did find a lot of good things in the game. There is fun to be had here.

Some things are a bit off:

-Crafting is cool in the game, except you have to get two or three levels of the skill before you can make the most basic items...why bother?
-Lockpicking runes....5 hours of play and I still don't have enough runes to unlock anything.
-Spellcrafting - it's cool, except once again you are at the mercy of random runes to make spells.

I still can't say anything about bugs as I'm not that much into the game… I mean, stuff like door isn't unlocked while it should be, item can't be removed from your inventory, scripted thieves' guild finale completely messed up etc. Didn't find any of such stuff in this game.

But I see Steam applied another patch now. Devs work even on sundays? Sorry, but even if I find something that would annoy me so much, I just can't badmouth these devs. I admit I didn't get stuck anywhere, but seems it does happen and it's addressed already:
Regarding players getting stuck - we have added Regenerate action to Options -> Controls panel. Now you can configure a key that teleports you to the last respawn point.
Man, if only professional doorblocker Lydia was addresed this fast.

Seems also that PhysX causes some issues so I'm reinstalling my gfx card driver - maybe it's the cause of my bad experience with power usage? My card driver is (was) three months old. So will check later with the new one and definetly post if it helped.

Dr. A thanks for the link to the patch log.

Last edited:
I still can't say anything about bugs as I'm not that much into the game… I mean, stuff like door isn't unlocked while it should be, item can't be removed from your inventory, scripted thieves' guild finale completely messed up etc. Didn't find any of such stuff in this game.

But I see Steam applied another patch now. Devs work even on sundays? Sorry, but even if I find something that would annoy me so much, I just can't badmouth these devs. I admit I didn't get stuck anywhere, but seems it does happen and it's addressed already:

Man, if only professional doorblocker Lydia was addresed this fast.

Seems also that PhysX causes some issues so I'm reinstalling my gfx card driver - maybe it's the cause of my bad experience with power usage? My card driver is (was) three months old. So will check later with the new one and definetly post if it helped.

Dr. A thanks for the link to the patch log.

OCD much? Skyrim was light years beyond this game, even if they are from your country. Sorry man.

I don't expect a Skyrim level game here, but even for what I did expect it is pretty amateurish in a lot of areas. Granted they didn't have the budget or the talent to use, so it's understandable.

The way they released it was also pretty bad. Although there are some good things, you can't over look the mistakes they have made so far.

Do I look like I'm overlooking something?

I believe I'm the first and currently only one on the whole internet (check yourself if you don't believe me) who braggs about gfx card putting too much of pressure on UPS and wants to suck up power like a laser printer and not a common card.

And trust me, I'll repeat spits on everything unfixed if something remains unfixed for ages. I do it for all games, and this one won't be an exception.

Doublepost sorry.
Driver update didn't help, but it did introduced an interesting piece of software called GeForce experience.
However, based on a suggestion from Steam forums, I've changed inside nVidia control panel Vertical Sync from "use 3d app setting" to "Adaptive VSync (half)". It works! Played at least an hour after that, no beeps from UPS!

This doesn't mean the game shouldn't have this issue fixed ASAP, but at least I can play without fear that my UPS will explode. ;)

Doing (silly fetch) quests, so far no obvious glitches but perhaps one. Killed many spiders but some "practice" quest where you need to kill a spider is still open. And I've definetly cleared the area pointed in the text from all spiders. Odd. A bug? We'll c.

I remember reading about that spider quest on a Reddit post about the game.

Now I have to kill some spiders. Spiders in plural, written in the quest log (that's important). I wandered in the direction given (south west of the city, just out the east gate). I wandered along the path and eventually ended up in a graveyard. Exploring that lead tombe getting beat the fuck up by some spiders and turrets, so I turned tail and ran. Heading back to the town, I noticed a bit on the map that I had managed to pass by.
Walking in there, a spider spawns and I beat it's head in.
Easy. No quest log update. No other spiders. I guess I'll... walk back and see if that was good enough? Turns out it was, but I could well have wasted another 5 minutes walking to the quest giver to see.

Ah, the trick is to return to the questgiver? LOL
Ty. They could have made it noticable in the quest log when you nail the aimed spider. They should in fact. But okay, let's hope there are no more quests like this one.

Back
Top Bottom