Skyrim - Premium Edition for Some EU Territories

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A Skyrim Premium Edition containing a t-shirt, novel and post-cards has been outed on Amazon.de for the UK, Germany and Benelux. Surprisingly, none of the DLC is included. From VG247:
VG247 received further confirmation that the game is only confirmed for release in the UK, Germany and Benelux so far. Other territories are unconfirmed as yet.
OXM reports that Skyrim: Premium Edition has been listed on Amazon.de at 59.99 Euro, along with official box art and contents.
Said contents include an official t-shirt with the logo of the Empire, a copy of official novel “The Infernal City”, and six concept art postcards. The PC edition comes with a 600 page eBook, soundtrack dic and more.
More information.

German gaming site "PC Games Hardware" says that none of the DLCs are in the package.

No idea whether it still requires Steam.

Wouldn't most people want to wait for DLC? Unless they really care about that superfluous bullsit...

Wouldn't most people want to wait for DLC? Unless they really care about that superfluous bullsit…

Hey! I like t-shirts and books. Admittedly for no rational reason (as usual), but I would actually like a Skyrim T-shirt. Strange that the DLC's are not included, makes me suspect that some time later there will be a Skyrim premium goty edition.

pibbur who (probably) won't buy the game again just for the t-shirt.

Strange that the DLC's are not included, makes me suspect that some time later there will be a Skyrim premium goty edition.

Why would they bundle the DLCs when they are still making them, only 2 were released so far?

Hey! I like t-shirts and books. Admittedly for no rational reason (as usual), but I would actually like a Skyrim T-shirt. Strange that the DLC's are not included, makes me suspect that some time later there will be a Skyrim premium goty edition.

pibbur who (probably) won't buy the game again just for the t-shirt.

I'd certainly be mildly shocked if a GOTY with all DLC included wasn't released at some point.

Which is why I have to wonder about this strategy.

I mean, I know you're not the most critical of consumers - but I doubt even you would buy the game (for the first time) in this edition, knowing what you know about GOTY editions.

I'd certainly be mildly shocked if a GOTY with all DLC included wasn't released at some point.

Which is why I have to wonder about this strategy.

I mean, I know you're not the most critical of consumers - but I doubt even you would buy the game (for the first time) in this edition, knowing what you know about GOTY editions.

I think somebody in another thread gave the most probably explanation: they want a new SKU in store for Xmas. They probably expect people to gift this to people who haven't played the game yet or are big fans of Skyrim.

They did something similar with Oblivion right before Skyrim released with the 5th anniversary edition too.

I think somebody in another thread gave the most probably explanation: they want a new SKU in store for Xmas. They probably expect people to gift this to people who haven't played the game yet or are big fans of Skyrim.

They did something similar with Oblivion right before Skyrim released with the 5th anniversary edition too.

I guess so, though the regular edition would probably suffice. So, I can't help but consider it a scam.

Then again, I tend to consider most "collector" stuff scams of some variety.

I agree that it's the most logical explanation, azarhal. I'm not sure how many new purchasers of Skyrim are out there, but I guess we'll find out. As long as it doesn't detract from the building of Fallout 4, I'm all for it :)

Yeah they're probably doing it to get shelf space in European retail for the holiday season. I seem to remember that their retail PC version sales in Europe have been quite significant so that would maybe explain why just that region.

I guess so, though the regular edition would probably suffice. So, I can't help but consider it a scam.

Then again, I tend to consider most "collector" stuff scams of some variety.

You're getting exactly what they're offering, for exactly the amount of money that they're asking. So how can it be a scam?

You're getting exactly what they're offering, for exactly the amount of money that they're asking. So how can it be a scam?

The scam involves psychological deception which I'm sure you wouldn't recognise, so I don't think I'll bother detailing what I mean :)

Why would they bundle the DLCs when they are still making them, only 2 were released so far?

BECAUSE I SAY SO!!!

Eh ………………………………………. maybe not. Actually, you're right.

pibbur who with a bit of sadness realizes that very few (if any, wife included) do things because pibbur say so.

Back
Top Bottom