Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements - Review @ Gamespot

magerette

Hedgewitch
Gamespot is the next site to review Ubisoft's Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements for the Xbox 360 and they seem to take a similar view of the game as other reviews we've presented, with a final score of 3.5/10:
At its heart, Elements is a straight rehashing of the PC edition of the game... Virtually all of the changes made to Elements for its new life on the 360 only compound the game's existing flaws. Controls are extremely awkward. You lumber around like a dump truck, turning and backing up so slowly that these maneuvers should be accompanied by beeps. Distances are skewed so badly that it seems as if your sword is a good 10 feet long, given that you can pretty much hit enemies from across rooms. Jumping is even more of an annoyance because this distance distortion makes it impossible to tell exactly where you are...
It’s unfortunate that despite the poor reception that the PC version received, the Xbox 360 version of the game didn’t turn out any better, and is actually worse in several ways. If you’re looking for an action-packed hack-and-slash game, you may just want to move on to a different game worthier of your time and money.
More information.

3,5 out of 10? Wow. I actually loved the original and the only reason I don't rush to the shop for X360 version is it's the same game again and I'm not in the habit of paying twice for the same game.

While the original was loads of fun, it was pretty lousy. I know I took heat for trashing it in my review, but so be it. The fact that the port makes the bad stuff *worse* is just sad.

I can't say that I'm disappointed to see this game getting trashed.

Back
Top Bottom