Pillars of Eternity - Another Gameplay Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
God I will love character creation.

Still a bit sad that I'm not going to get to make a whole party from the start though.

Compared to the main GUI at beginning of video:
- Oh, they have smaller windows too with even smaller fonts: fantastically unreadable.

Looks a lot like. bg.

Even the drab brown colors i disliked…..

But if the game is as good as bg2 you wint hear me complaining anymore

I think they're being clever. Right now, RPG dorks like us are already excited. Closer to launch they'll be releasing more exciting screen shots and video clips, watch and see.

Compared to the main GUI at beginning of video:
- Oh, they have smaller windows too with even smaller fonts: fantastically unreadable.
I hope they will follow in Larians footsteps regarding that issue, or my eyes will curse them to Hell!

The idea is that it recreates the old infinity games, and it's a low budge indie title, so it kind of makes sense that it LOOKS LIKE AN INFINITY ENGINE GAME.

Why people babble about graphics and stuff when it looks like it's supposed to look is beyond me.

DA3 comes out later this year too - that's the game to go for if you want ridiculous visual (and probably far weaker gameplay and a crappy UI stupified for consoles and gamers with ADD).

It felt indeed like BG when playing it, they are also using similar mouse cursors.
I had absolutely no issues in reading the fonts from the screen. They were big enough for me. Could play the game and read everything without glasses and I am at an age where I need them for reading stuff most of the time :)

Monday can't get here fast enough. Even if it's just for 3-5 hours of gameplay in beta...which will probably be closer to 10 hours for me just to play with the character creator.

The idea is that it recreates the old infinity games, and it's a low budge indie title, so it kind of makes sense that it LOOKS LIKE AN INFINITY ENGINE GAME.

Why people babble about graphics and stuff when it looks like it's supposed to look is beyond me.

I totally agree with this. I love the fact it looks like an Infinity game. But better.

Really looking forward to the release of this. I didn't back it on KS since I don't back KS games as a rule, but I've been following the development of this pretty closely all the same.

They say that nostalgia isn't what it used to be, but seeing the various evolving gameplay videos of this gives me a warm fuzzy glow inside.

One thing I would really like to have seen is very dark dungeons/caves where you cant see anything unless you have torches or magical light equipped.Every dungeon in the demos so far is either fully lit somehow or dark and moody with light torches strategically placed.Imagine the immersion in caves if all you would see is blackness and then your characters have to light torches.Makes for characters with some types of low light vision come to their own,then again I see no mention of seeing in the dark in the POE rules.So far to me it looks like this game will be very repetitive,oh well another dungeon with 10 spiders and one tough boss and then a treasure chest. ;(

And the bodies disappearing and leaving the loot bag?Its like they understand it when you enter an area where a battle took place earlier and see dead bodies strewn about but your own battles?Why not also have the areas you enter where a past battle has occurred have just loot bags laying everywhere?Oh,I see you probably cant loot the prop bodies or something…..meh!!

One thing I would really like to have seen is very dark dungeons/caves where you cant see anything unless you have torches or magical light equipped.Every dungeon in the demos so far is either fully lit somehow or dark and moody with light torches strategically placed.Imagine the immersion in caves if all you would see is blackness and then your characters have to light torches.Makes for characters with some types of low light vision come to their own,then again I see no mention of seeing in the dark in the POE rules.So far to me it looks like this game will be very repetitive,oh well another dungeon with 10 spiders and one tough boss and then a treasure chest. ;(

And the bodies disappearing and leaving the loot bag?Its like they understand it when you enter an area where a battle took place earlier and see dead bodies strewn about but your own battles?Why not also have the areas you enter where a past battle has occurred have just loot bags laying everywhere?Oh,I see you probably cant loot the prop bodies or something…..meh!!

You have valid concerns, but keep in mind that this is a demo. Dungeons can be made darker and bodies can made to stay, ect. I feel with enough constructive "complaining" things can get changed before release, which is still 3-4 months away.

I do so hope things change but doubt it.Needs work in engine to be doable.Ability to carry torches by the toons and ability to drop/pick up the torches on to the ground.Not all toons need to carry them as the light can be made to reach just far enough for the party while not that far that you would have to scout with low light ability characters.

Its sad since its the ultimate way to make caves look more claustrophobic while adding in the ability to get lost.Who here remembers the days of having to map out dungeons.Judging from the videos the dungeons and caves are very linear so I doubt its gonna happen in POE sadly..Extreme darkness in caves with having to use torches is the ultimate fog of war!This latest video where he looks into the next room and sees the skulls all around(how is the character able to see that?) and then says thats where the creature is is not good for immersion IMO.

Looking better compared to previous videos. But the fireball effect looks weak, the fireball looked a lot better (more fiery and also longer lasting) in the infinity engine games.

Thanks for this. Small fonts are always a concern of mine these days, and that's awesome.

This is the best video of the game I've seen yet. Things I liked:

1. The incentive to rest at an inn, and using camping resources to rest in the wild.
2. The lore ability, coupled with amount of exposure to beasts, determining how much you know about them in your journal.
3. The game on easy didn't look super easy, so there should be a decent challenge. Like the ironman mode and other choices there. Also, no resurrection and permadeath, if you let things go that far.

Concerns:
1. Perhaps I missed something in the vid, but I would like to see more skills and choices while leveling.
2. Tooltips for spells and abilities in combat. No way I'm going to remember what all the little icons signify. I hope for detailed tooltips, a la D:OS.

Back
Top Bottom